Local guy cuts leg. Bad.

Discussion in 'Awakenings' started by CutHighnLetFly, Nov 23, 2017.

1. CutHighnLetFly

CutHighnLetFly Well-Known Member

Don't have .any details but here ya go:
    Local guy a working for a sketchy company (owner is a nice guy but the help amd equipment is real sketch) was cutting a tree that was on the ground, not sure if it was a big top or they flopped the tree, decided he needed a ladder to buck some stuff up. Well, he was cutting and then somehow caught his pant leg with the chain which pulled it right into his main artery in his leg.
    Med flight and desperate attempts kept homeboy alive. But there will be more struggles. The dr.s pinched the artery so he wouldn't bleed out but this has led to an issue. Poor guys leg is now dying. Because of concern s with it unpinching and him bleeding out as well as losing leg function completely, this guy will likely lose his leg up to his hip.
    I don't care about if he's a piece of dirt, or if the company is a hack, whatever. I can't help but feel awful for this guy.

Grim post for thanksgiving I suppose. But his misfortune has been in my mind a lot. Enjoy your holiday folks, and when we get back to what we REALLY want to be doing, stay safe!
    Andre

2. JD3000

JD3000 Well-Known Member

Stay safe. Dangerous travel days on the roads.

3. JeffGu

JeffGu Well-Known Member

That's just plain nasty. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. He's lucky he didn't also have a heart attack from severing the femoral artery.

ClimbMIT likes this.
  4. treehumper

treehumper Well-Known Member

Hopefully he'll somehow recover to regain some semblance of function. But I can't help but think, when will we get it?

CutHighnLetFly, JeffGu and oldoakman like this.
  5. CutHighnLetFly

I've decided in the last two weeks that I want to shift my.career goals to training, I just have no idea yet what that path is. But I'm doing it. My area has work, people out there doing it and some very well, but I think there is. Limited exposure to training and minimal investment because there isn't enough locally that is "convenient" enough to send employees to. I want to try to create something locally. It need a to happen and I want to be a part of it

ClimbMIT and treehumper like this.
  6. CutHighnLetFly

And admittedly I have improvement to be made as well

treehumper likes this.
  7. treehumper

treehumper Well-Known Member

Yes, look at the training grants and work with companies to apply for the grants to fund the training. We did a session with Mac Swan. We will be looking to do more.