Load Cell

Nossliw

Curious if any of you use a load cell between your jib and hook on a kboom to get an accurate load reading on your bigger pics. If so, who do you use and do they have an intro model that won’t break the bank?

Thank you!

deevo

Curious if any of you use a load cell between your jib and hook on a kboom to get an accurate load reading on your bigger pics. If so, who do you use and do they have an intro model that won’t break the bank?

Thank you!
@Steve Connally and Rick Yoos do, Steve can enlighten you. Straight point load cells is what they use

climbhightree

I got a load cell shackle that connects into my remote. Unfortunately I don't know the brand or cost, it came with my crane when I had it built.

I love how it connects into the remote, but I'm not sold on the shackle design. The shackle is huge and a it bit of a pain to use...maybe a smaller design would be better (haven't talked to the crane company about it yet).

20180922_134746.jpg

0.6 on bottom right of screen = 600 lbs (there is also a display on the crane)

20190324_075025.jpg

Steve Connally

I use the Radiolink Plus from Straightpoint. Great tool for sure. There really isn
t such a thing as an entry level load cell. You just want one that does what you want it to. They all cost in the same 3 to 5k ballpark. I'm very happy with mine and the service I've gotten from them. They have a new bluetooth version out now. Google and see what you think

jareese

We have the Straitpoint Raiolink Plus. It has made taking picks way easier. No problems thus far. It cost around 4 grand.