Lewis tree, upstate new york line clearance work

Mowerr

I got a question to anyone in this sector that may or may not work in my area. Lewis is clearing lines in my area right now and I'm wondering what their rules or contract looks like regarding lines going off the main roads to houses on private dirt roads or whatever. I see them clearing the lines along private driveways more this year than in the past 5-6 years where I didn't see them go off the main roads at all. I got a wire that goes right along my driveway with white pines lined up with it. Just a bunch of easy dead sticks above the wire. Very easy access, very easy to clear my wire but I still don't see them here while I see them doing other wires on private drives that are much harder to access, require more time and labor and even require climbing. Do i need to actually question their foreman? And request my wire be maintained? Does anyone know the criteria these guys or company's alike are abiding by? Does anyone know where I could get answers? Question the foreman or how do I contact a superior with answers?

Jehinten

I got a question to anyone in this sector that may or may not work in my area. Lewis is clearing lines in my area right now and I'm wondering what their rules or contract looks like regarding lines going off the main roads to houses on private dirt roads or whatever. I see them clearing the lines along private driveways more this year than in the past 5-6 years where I didn't see them go off the main roads at all. I got a wire that goes right along my driveway with white pines lined up with it. Just a bunch of easy dead sticks above the wire. Very easy access, very easy to clear my wire but I still don't see them here while I see them doing other wires on private drives that are much harder to access, require more time and labor and even require climbing. Do i need to actually question their foreman? And request my wire be maintained? Does anyone know the criteria these guys or company's alike are abiding by? Does anyone know where I could get answers? Question the foreman or how do I contact a superior with answers?

I am not in your area, but I do know from being a homeowner and talking to utility trimmers that sometimes lines get missed in the mapping and bidding of work. Around here if you have limbs coming in contact with wires you can call the utility company and give them the details, they will pass it onto the contractors. I advise all homeowners who ask me for a quote on a tree in the lines to contact them first (or I will on their behalf) because it is a "free" service that the homeowner is paying for in their monthly utility bill.

Mowerr

Do u think it is likely they are just missing me? If like to think they didn't because yesterday they were set up on my main road across the street clearing a line to a house that is on property I used to own. (Sold it to current HO) . I just feel there's nothing different with that line and the others I seen them clearing on other private drives except mine is less work and easier to do in every aspect.
Should I skip bothering their foreman/superv(man in the pick up that doesn't labor) or is it worth asking... I just know how I was when I was young and I know how a lot of unprofessional guys can be when HO's ask questions without cash in hand. I could clear my line myself but I feel its there's and I do pay for it.

Jehinten

I would personally just call your service provider and let them know about your limbs and power lines. As an employee of that tree company the laborers are not the ones to make the call on which lines to trim, I doubt that they would or should be able to agree to trim yours if in fact it was missed in the contract. Most big contracts like that have some wiggle room in them for the unforeseen circumstances, such as a missed run or a tree beginning to uproot over the lines that was healthy at the time of the bid. Your utility provider would have the authority to add jobs to that contract under those circumstances.

theatertech87

I'd talk to the supervisor. Doing line clearance myself in the region (Rochester) for a different company, the way we usually do it is main roads first with traffic control, side roads with less traffic on rainy/snowy days. Driveways and taps last or as filler while traffic control gets setup, half days on Saturday etc. Usually roadside first, then a sperate crew comes behind and does climbing.

Also our contract is just for primary, not secondary or house drops, could be what's going on here