lesson learned at who's expense?

Babberney

Re: lesson learned at who\'s expense?

Score sheets are available to all: http://itcc.isa-arbor.com/rules-scoring/resources/Scoresheets2010_FINAL_030310.pdf

But, Norm, I do not see anything there that states what order things should be done in. Just because they are listed in a certain order does not mean they have to be performed in that order (the link above is to the 2010 sheets--maybe you are referring to older versions?). If the warning is called before the bell is struck, that's soon enough, IMO. In fact, it makes more sense to call after installing lanyard to me. Are you concerned that some part so my lanyard may disconnect from me and fall while I'm clipping in? If so, that should be resolved at gear check. Otherwise, I don't understand your policy here (as I understand it from the above exchange--I've never seen you in the real world AFAIK). Probably this warrants a new thread, but I didn't derail this train, I just hopped on as it went by.

Norm_Hall

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, but I did grasshopper. It's in black and white. The SCORESHEET.

[/ QUOTE ]

but i cant see those...so to help me become a better competitive climber can't you just answer me? And norm what do you know about me that you classify me as a grasshopper? Seems like you don't like me all that much? I am sorry for what ever i did. I was just looking for an answer.

Say I was joe house, or chris ruch, you would give me an answer then right? Guess i have to start winning for you to answer me

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are confused. And so am I.
Whatever the rule book states is how I judge each and every event, and I've judged every event at some point...
"Grasshopper' is from an old TV show. No harm was meant.

Crazy_Jimmy

so would somebody please tell me the correct sequence.He should of just broke the old dudes hand then the stone would of fell out,J/k.

Babberney

I'm confused, too, now. Tr33climb3r said he did things in that order and got docked.

Hello all...
I am a former AR head judge at ITCC. The rules may have changed, but for pole station, calling all clear is not in the rule book or score sheet (2008). For limb toss, I agree with Babberney - although the event description and score sheet list things in a particular order, nothing says it has to be done in that order, other than that lanyard and call out have to be done before tossing. It's kind of like AR - there's a list of things to be accomplished, but it doesn't say in what order. Again, unless this has been changed in the latest rules. Maybe it should be.

For anyone to have been DQ'd for a deficiency on the part of the set up is ABSOLUTELY WRONG. If a contestant dropped the pole, that's one thing, but those 'biners should be attached in such a way that they CAN'T come off. In our chapter, the one on the pole's attached with a band clamp. The strap on the tree is tied off and has a ring. Nothing's ever come off.

I do appreciate Norm's insistence that contestants READ the RULES and scoresheets. Not only does it make the walk through so much faster, but as a contestant, YOU WILL SCORE MORE POINTS!

And dare I say, we head judges don't think our poop don't stink. It just smells better...

Norm_Hall

[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused, too, now. Tr33climb3r said he did things in that order and got docked.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he says happened and what actually happened are 2 different things.

Tr33Climb3r

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What he says happened and what actually happened are 2 different things.

[/ QUOTE ]

you calling me a liar?

what did i do? if you remember so well?!

mattbc

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, but I did grasshopper. It's in black and white. The SCORESHEET.

[/ QUOTE ]

but i cant see those...so to help me become a better competitive climber can't you just answer me? And norm what do you know about me that you classify me as a grasshopper? Seems like you don't like me all that much? I am sorry for what ever i did. I was just looking for an answer.

Say I was joe house, or chris ruch, you would give me an answer then right? Guess i have to start winning for you to answer me

[/ QUOTE ] You know I started competing without reading the rule book or looking at the score sheet either and I came in dead last. Hurts the pride just a bit. The info is there so after you are done being worked up check this out and kick it next time. http://itcc.isa-arbor.com/rules-scoring/rule.aspx

Crazy_Jimmy

Guy Leblanc,good article bro.I should have guessed mossballs was you and the hint of being ahead judge at itcc event was a dead give away.

Norm_Hall

I'm sayin you get caught up in the comp and this being your 1st, you're extremely nervous, and maybe what you think you did, isn't what actually happened. No, I don't recall what you did. I've judged over 60 comps, in 3 countries and 2 continents. I don't recall 1 specific climb. I calls em likes I sees em. Do you think I get invited to judge Internationally because I don't know the rules? I see the ITCC rules before they go out publicly to help with additions, deletions, corrections, etc.
Why are you askin about this now? 7 months after the fact. And on the internet, when we were face to face in Green Bay in February, and you sat right next to me during a meal? Why didn't you bring to my attention when we were face to face? I'm a face to face kinda guy. Things aren't gonna get resolved over an internet site. Back and forth, back and forth. That's not how to resolve an issue. Talk about it face to face, calmly.

I do remember you were going to be the very 1st climber to compete in the work climb in WS and I asked if the other climbers in your group would go 1st, so you could observe a few climbs before competing.

Tr33Climb3r

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sayin you get caught up in the comp and this being your 1st, you're extremely nervous, and maybe what you think you did, isn't what actually happened. No, I don't recall what you did. I've judged over 60 comps, in 3 countries and 2 continents. I don't recall 1 specific climb. I calls em likes I sees em. Do you think I get invited to judge Internationally because I don't know the rules? I see the ITCC rules before they go out publicly to help with additions, deletions, corrections, etc.
Why are you askin about this now? 7 months after the fact. And on the internet, when we were face to face in Green Bay in February, and you sat right next to me during a meal? Why didn't you bring to my attention when we were face to face? I'm a face to face kinda guy. Things aren't gonna get resolved over an internet site. Back and forth, back and forth. That's not how to resolve an issue. Talk about it face to face, calmly.

I do remember you were going to be the very 1st climber to compete in the work climb in WS and I asked if the other climbers in your group would go 1st, so you could observe a few climbs before competing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to talk to you at WAA Norm...i did, Aaron schauer spoke up and said "Casey do you have to ask Norm something" I was standing there waiting because you were talking to someone and wanted to be polite, I had an eye to eye cord in my hands and asked you about it and then I was going to ask you about the question i stated here but you sort of just walked away. You must have been busy.

I am asking now because I would like to know for this coming summer thats all.

I know you know your stuff and thats great that you get to judge everywhere and i never said you don't know the rules..come on norm

I just want to improve that's all, so I thought getting a clarification would jump start that

sorry if it seems like I am attacking you i am not.