Kenjockety

Steve Connally

Man you've got a hell of a stride spurring up. That saw is a ripper too. Your work positioning shows how comfortable you are in the tree. I see all these young guys all bent knee-d on spurs looking like they are about to poop from the tree. I never understood how you could possibly be comfortable cutting in a seated position. Oh yeah, I wonder how many people noticed you lid!! Good show

JeffGu

The hat suits you, bro... very nice work. You could sit down and eat lunch on your stumps. Mine, your beer slides off. Not good.

owScott

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen!
Yep standard affair, nothing to critic. Searching for a comment, so I guess... do you prefer your hand saw on your right side? I find it gets tangled in my saw lanyard so I keep it on my left side. Good work.

rico

Yep standard affair, nothing to critic. Searching for a comment, so I guess... do you prefer your hand saw on your right side? I find it gets tangled in my saw lanyard so I keep it on my left side. Good work.
Yea, I have always kept my handsaw on the right side. I have to admit that I spend way to much time getting my saw lease untangled from my handsaw. Too late to change now, I guess?

owScott

Yea, I have always kept my handsaw on the right side. I have to admit that I spend way to much time getting my saw lease untangled from my handsaw. Too late to change now, I guess?
Yep saw that, done that. Its the small details that matter. The rest looked air tight.

rico

I apologize but there was a bit of sarcasm in my answer concerning my handsaw placement. Since I work with my saw hanging from a leash instead of hooking it on a transporter/vault/shembiner/caritool there is the potential for a little leash wrap, but it is so minimal that I have never consider it an issue. Handsaw on the right, rigging slings and wedge/gear bar on left, and chainsaw near the middle feels has always felt very natural and worked really well for me. Is it perfect? Probably not, but it has served me well for a very long time and allows me to work from either side of the tree pretty much hassle free.

rico

That is a good old hitch climber setup. My groundie is gently taking up my slack at the beginning, but once I get 60-70 ft up it usually just follows me up the tree. I very rarely climb MRS in Redwoods these days, but frequently use it for pitchy Fir removals. I still loves me a good hitch climber setup!