Just finished a climbing course over the weekend

If you're not talking shit and can't handle shit talking, maybe you should look into a more docile field.
Rico is pretty supportive and helpful, just rough around the edges (like virtually every old tree man is).
How does talking shit help anyone out ever? I'd understand if it were banter but it's not. Also, I should look into another field because I can't handle shit talking? Lol. Great logic bro.

MikePowers321

Just got back from a 27 hour climbing course this past weekend and the training received was nothing short of amazing.

Also the training course opened my eyes. I was fully aware that this type of work is extremely dangerous but there's a difference between knowing something is dangerous vs experiencing the danger.

Well now I know and have experienced how dangerous this work is. I have a whole new level of respect for you guys.

To think that I could climb without any sort of training let alone use a fucking chainsaw was foolish.

Luckily I found a climber for my job coming up this Saturday.

As for me, the adrenaline that I felt climbing was amazing and I plan to continue to climb until I get super comfortable.

The thing that I struggled with the most was limb walking because I just didn't trust my gear. The instructors told me that feeling this was normal and all psychological and that I would get better at this.

I got lots of positive feedback and now it's up to me to continue to practice as this is a perishible skill.

I figured I'd follow up on the first thread that I posted here a couple weeks ago.
Awesome. Put in the real time and experience and you can become a proficient climber. It won't happen overnight. Love your honesty.

rico

Nah man, you're the fool. Taking this course also made me realize that there are people out there that really want to help out and others like you that just like to talk shit and try to discourage others.

There were a couple of people there that had been working years as groundies that didn't know much about the training taught there. There were also a couple that had never worked as groundies and went straight to climbing and already knew their shit.

A running bowline? That shit is easy as fuck. Quit trying to make it seem as if it's rocket science.

Running a chainsaw? Yeah that's easy when you're on the ground. Not so easy when you're up on a tree.

Like I said, being around tree guys this weekend I got to see that there are alot of cool people that encourage you and try to help you learn. Then there are appereantly others like you that just talk a lot of shit. It's sad really.
There can be little doubt that I'm a sad, shit talking fool, but unlike yourself I have more than a couple decades of experience actually doing the type of work we are discussing here. Others including myself tried to offer you some friendly advise and even encourage you, but you seemed to think you somehow knew better than a couple hundred years of combined experience. A fucking weekend playing tree climber and you come back here whining and telling us you have seen the error of your ways? Please. From your last 2 threads its rather obvious that becoming a real deal tree-man probably isn't in the cards for you. I encourage to continue your little weekend getaways, but please remember that if you ever actually work with an actual pro crew doing actual tree-work you might want to refrain from speaking to an experience tree-man as you have just spoken to me. You will no longer be in a college classroom, or the Warton School of Business son. Nope. It will be the real world were some proud professional might just be forced to teach you a little respect.

There can be little doubt that I'm a sad, shit talking fool, but unlike yourself I have more than a couple decades of experience actually doing the type of work we are discussing here. Others including myself tried to offer you some friendly advise and even encourage you, but you seemed to think you somehow knew better than a couple hundred years of combined experience. A fucking weekend playing tree climber and you come back here whining and telling us you have seen the error of your ways? Please. From your last 2 threads its rather obvious that becoming a real deal tree-man probably isn't in the cards for you. I encourage to continue your little weekend getaways, but please remember that if you ever actually work with an actual pro crew doing actual tree-work you might want to refrain from speaking to an experience tree-man as you have just spoken to me. You will no longer be in a college classroom, or the Warton School of Business son. Nope. It will be the real world were some proud professional might just be forced to teach you a little respect.
Look dude it's easy to talk shit over the internet so I won't even engage in continuing to do that.

What I will tell you is this, you will get the same level of respect that you show me so take that as you will.

I will also tell you that there were instructors in that class that have real world experience, as much if not more than you do.

And their attitude was totally different than yours bro. Again, take that as you will. I guess it's a good thing you aren't an instructor.

Barc Buster

Look dude it's easy to talk shit over the internet so I won't even engage in continuing to do that.

What I will tell you is this, you will get the same level of respect that you show me so take that as you will.

I will also tell you that there were instructors in that class that have real world experience, as much if not more than you do.

And their attitude was totally different than yours bro. Again, take that as you will. I guess it's a good thing you aren't an instructor.
I'm only going to say this once so think before you spout off some smart ass response. This attitude of yours is a bad look for you and the rest of us here inclined to help are watching.

I'm only going to say this once so think before you spout off some smart ass response. This attitude of yours is a bad look for you and the rest of us here inclined to help are watching.
The attitude is towards rico after he called me a fool.

Wouldn't you get defensive if someone started name calling you? You would just sit there and take it?

Nah man. Like I said I'll give you the same level of respect you give me. I don't think I'm asking for too much.

Barc Buster

@rico is a cunt (takes one to smell one) sometimes. But he's respected around here because he knows wtf is up. Youd do well to shut your pie hole and open your ears and listen. I'd send your attitude home. As a matter of fact my 15 minute lunch is over and I've got trees to climb. You won't get anything else out of me guy.

rico

So you show up on this forum looking for little advice because you have NEVER climbed a tree, but want to start a tree company. OK? You get plenty of solid advice and guidance from men with decades of experience, but chose to shrug off this advise because you somehow know better, and are gonna be bringing in the "bank" soon enough. Now you are asking for respect? Fucking kids theses days?
I would suggest you do a little poking around the inter-webs and find out with whom you having a pissing match with before you start using words like experience, shit talking, and respect. You could be speaking to someone who might have the ability to teach you a few things, and speed up your learning curve by a fucking decade or 2. Unfortunately you will never know because you just can't seem to shut the fuck up and listen. Now were done, son!!!

So you show up on this forum looking for little advice because you have NEVER climbed a tree, but want to start a tree company. OK? You get plenty of solid advice and guidance from men with decades of experience, but chose to shrug off this advise because you somehow know better, and are gonna be bringing in the "bank" soon enough. Now you are asking for respect? Fucking kids theses days?
I would suggest you do a little poking around the inter-webs and find out with whom you having a pissing match with before you start using words like experience, shit talking, and respect. You could be speaking to someone who might have the ability to teach you a few things, and speed up your learning curve by a fucking decade or 2. Unfortunately you will never know because you just can't seem to shut the fuck up and listen. Now were done, son!!!
That's the thing, I'm not trying to have a pissing match. I'm trying to learn and absorb. You aren't trying to teach, you're just being a dick.

Maybe you do have a shit load of knowledge but what good is that if you're a dick?

I would rather get my knowledge from someone just as knowledgeable as you but that isn't an asshole.

All that knowledge and all you have managed to tell me is that I'm a fool and that I'm gonna fail? Why is it that people with just as much experience as you have told me the opposite? Why is it that people just as experienced as you are filling me with great information instead of talking down on me?

If I had all that knowledge that you clearly have based off what others are saying here, I would share it. I would specially share it with a newbie. Hell, I'd be excited to share it.

MikePowers321

Nah man, you're the fool. Taking this course also made me realize that there are people out there that really want to help out and others like you that just like to talk shit and try to discourage others.

There were a couple of people there that had been working years as groundies that didn't know much about the training taught there. There were also a couple that had never worked as groundies and went straight to climbing and already knew their shit.

A running bowline? That shit is easy as fuck. Quit trying to make it seem as if it's rocket science.

Running a chainsaw? Yeah that's easy when you're on the ground. Not so easy when you're up on a tree.

Like I said, being around tree guys this weekend I got to see that there are alot of cool people that encourage you and try to help you learn. Then there are appereantly others like you that just talk a lot of shit. It's sad really.
Be careful calling things 'easy as fuck'. Running a saw is not much harder in the tree. It's all about work positioning...either way, if you don't show that powersaw respect...It'll bite you.

Running bowline is easy in your kitchen when your watching a youtube video. Picture a 97 degree day, its 3:00pm and you have been in that tree 6 hours straight, dehydrated with cramped forearms, bad tie in point and have to climb out on a steep rope angle to mid tie a limb to lower. Now, Your hands have switched the way you normally tie the R. Bowline due to awkward positioning. One mistake and the 400lb limb goes through the corner of the house. And we havent' even gotten to negative rigging down the spar at the end of the day with no shade in sight.

Don't get me wrong, Yes, the R. Bowline is easy when you have tied it 1000 times in your sleep with your eyes closed. I know Rico is triggering you but stay humble

evo

To add in the saw talk in tree talk. Part of the reason Arborist and climbers have so many saws, is using the right saw for the right task. Using a 260/261 for limbing is stupid, as well as blocking down a 30” spar. Right power saw for the right task, then switch as it becomes needed

Be careful calling things 'easy as fuck'. Running a saw is not much harder in the tree. It's all about work positioning...either way, if you don't show that powersaw respect...It'll bite you.

Running bowline is easy in your kitchen when your watching a youtube video. Picture a 97 degree day, its 3:00pm and you have been in that tree 6 hours straight, dehydrated with cramped forearms, bad tie in point and have to climb out on a steep rope angle to mid tie a limb to lower. Now, Your hands have switched the way you normally tie the R. Bowline due to awkward positioning. One mistake and the 400lb limb goes through the corner of the house. And we havent' even gotten to negative rigging down the spar at the end of the day with no shade in sight.

Don't get me wrong, Yes, the R. Bowline is easy when you have tied it 1000 times in your sleep with your eyes closed. I know Rico is triggering you but stay humble
You're right, it's not much harder in the tree, just potentially more dangerous.
To add in the saw talk in tree talk. Part of the reason Arborist and climbers have so many saws, is using the right saw for the right task. Using a 260/261 for limbing is stupid, as well as blocking down a 30” spar. Right power saw for the right task, then switch as it becomes needed
You guys are great. This is the type of help that I've been looking for all along.

And yes Mike you're right. I do gotta stay humble. It's easy to forget sometimes

rico

That's the thing, I'm not trying to have a pissing match. I'm trying to learn and absorb. You aren't trying to teach, you're just being a dick.

Maybe you do have a shit load of knowledge but what good is that if you're a dick?

I would rather get my knowledge from someone just as knowledgeable as you but that isn't an asshole.

All that knowledge and all you have managed to tell me is that I'm a fool and that I'm gonna fail? Why is it that people with just as much experience as you have told me the opposite? Why is it that people just as experienced as you are filling me with great information instead of talking down on me?

If I had all that knowledge that you clearly have based off what others are saying here, I would share it. I would specially share it with a newbie. Hell, I'd be excited to share it.
I would encourage you to check yourself at the door and go back and reread your entire first thread here buddy. Men with decades of experience clearly layed out the best coarses of action for you to take, but you would not listen, and it was in fact yourself who began getting defensive, being a little prick, and playing the name game. I myself offered my opinions and support early on, but lost interest after a few pages. You just continued on, disrespecting and arguing with men like Swing, owScott, Canaryboss, Somethingwitty, DSMC, hsell, Leroy, Ropesheild, Evo, ect. These are real deal tree-men who take great pride in their craft, but were wiling to ingest your fucking nonsense to try and give you some solid guidance.

After reading your opening post on this thread I was personally done listening to your nonsense. Somehow after a weekend of not doing any actual tree work you gained some experience as to how hard and dangerous tree work really is? WTF? I'm really fucking confused here because I for the life of me can't figure out how you gained any "experience" about the dangers of tree work without doing any tree-work Jargon? So yea, it is the humble opinion of this grumpy A-Hole that those are the words of a fool. If the shoe fits, wear it bro!

Last edited:
I would encourage you to check yourself at the door and go back and reread your entire first thread here buddy. Men with decades of experience clearly layed out the best coarses of action for you to take, but you would not listen, and it was in fact yourself who began getting defensive, being a little prick, and playing the name game. I myself offered my opinions and support early on, but lost interest after a few pages. You just continued on, disrespecting and arguing with men like Swing, owScott, Canaryboss, Somethingwitty, hsell, Leroy, Ropesheild, Evo, ect. These are real deal tree-men who take great pride in their craft, but were wiling to ingest your fucking nonsense to try and give you some solid guidance.

After reading your opening post on this thread I was personally done listening to your nonsense. Somehow after a weekend of not doing any actual tree work you gained some experience as to how hard and dangerous tree work really is? WTF? I'm really fucking confused here because I for the life of me can't figure out how you gained any "experience" about the dangers of tree work without doing any tree-work Jargon? So yea, it is the humble opinion of this grumpy A-Hole that those are the words of a fool. If the shoe fits, wear it bro!
What about the men that gave me encouragement and great advice? Do their opinions not count because they don't adjust to your pre conceived notions?

What about the men that gave me encouragement and great advice? Do their opinions not count because they don't adjust to your pre conceived notions?
@rico I'll tell you this much, I'm gonna go through with this and share my whole journey along the way. If a limb falls on my client's home, you will know it, if I'm successful I will post, if I die I will have someone come on here and post, if I get injured I will post.

I will have to be banned but no one is going to tell me That I should quit or that I am going to fail. If I fail I'm going down swinging.