Jumping on the KB train as well.

Gorman

Just put a huge sign on the truck saying something like “hoisting for Jesus!” and you won’t get bothered.

Nossliw

Ah hell I figured with that they’d be even more interested in waiting your time!

I feel for you guys out that way having to deal with that. What a waste!

Nossliw

No that’s part of the install with the saw. We are not going to shorten the frame though and plan to keep it extended as most TS are set up that way. I’m trying to make a decision to either put a stab or type x on, or another set of type Es are going on like the rear end. I can’t see why a Stab type x would be preferred over a larger footprint.

Nossliw

Front jack getting installed yet? Asking because your front bumper is way out, like mine was till the put on the front jack and shorten it some.
See above I forgot to quote... let me know if you have any input. I have asked others without any reasoning.

climbhightree

No that’s part of the install with the saw. We are not going to shorten the frame though and plan to keep it extended as most TS are set up that way. I’m trying to make a decision to either put a stab or type x on, or another set of type Es are going on like the rear end. I can’t see why a Stab type x would be preferred over a larger footprint.
I personally have no clue as to what you are asking about here (stab, type x, Es).

As to the front bumper, I can think if at least 2 twin steer tree grapple trucks that don't have their bumper out like that. If there is nothing in that space, there is no need for it. My bumper is only half that far out, and it is somewhat a pain.

Unless you plan to mount the grapple saw there....

Nossliw

I personally have no clue as to what you are asking about here (stab, type x, Es).

As to the front bumper, I can think if at least 2 twin steer tree grapple trucks that don't have their bumper out like that. If there is nothing in that space, there is no need for it. My bumper is only half that far out, and it is somewhat a pain.

Unless you plan to mount the grapple saw there....
Stab type or type x is what you have on your truck and most trucks from bik come with twins up front.

A rupee is a set of wing extenders like your crane comes outfittedwothand the rear usually has. We are deciding which to go with.

Yes there is a lot of space up there. I need room for the stabilizer set, and we were planning to put a 30 ton hydro winch up there I have had sitting in the shop far too long. But the fact you made a great point that the saw could mount there. Do you have a few pics of your saw mount? Great idea,

Truck will tow and end dump or pull smaller tandem goosenecks. We wanted to retain the kingpin, as there are plans to do more when not in the trees with it. I have wanted to build a removable deck that mounts in the king pin and somehow supports on the truck. We are still trying to figure that out. There is a red kenworth t800 on crane trader with one and id sure like to know how they did it....

Like I said a while ago i did not think we’d be at this point till the fall and here we are outside of a few small things pretty close. Figuring out the process to mount/power saw is going to take some effort but from what I have read it’s not rocket science and the cranes line sizing is mite than sufficient.

Last edited: