Jambo 2019

A_Reittenbach

This year Jambo is 4 person team registration @1100.00 and if I understand whom ever pays for the team is the team captin.
So jambo 2018 was my first compition. Krista was my team captain, I was a newbie to climbing comps. I was informed by Krista to be at the first rigging station located near the parking lot by 830am to start at 9am.
When I arrived Nick Bonner offered to help with my gear, mind you it 845ish and the station is only 20yards away so didn't understand why he offered to help. So I'm there and no team any were in sight. I am beginning to panick because I committed and the outcome could cost the others. So I walked all the way into the park, circled the food trucks, finally pulled out the rule book/schedule asked someone were to go, only to find out my captain told me the wrong location which I wrote down. Walked over to the correct spot only to find out they had their fellow Canadian inspected to climb.
Tree Stuff gave me the choice opt out with a full refund or compete with them which would have jeprodized how well the team would perform due to the no talking among team members. I wasn't going to be on a team who resented me so I opted out.
Even after all that happening Tree Stuff.com does a fenominal job with JAMBO.

Vee_rex11

Honestly Adam, the rigging challenge she told you to meet at was next to A parking lot. The parking lot the food trucks happened to be in. Throwing a very accomplished and well respected climber under the bus for your mistake isn’t an awesome way to be searching for team mates for a high caliber climbing competition.

A_Reittenbach

Look ultimatly I take full responsibility for my actions and regardless it was my own fault it happened. Your absolutely right about asking for team members directly after that, I'll admit not a wise move. It may have been a mistake but it didn't seem that way. Did not want to cause problems but I certianly have the utmost respect for anybody with the discipline to keep multiple world titles (Krista) and everyone at all the events. Tree people are awesome and I always speak how much everyone of these events are down to earth good people.

CanopyJames

The situation was a little more complex than what has been represented. To pretend for a second that Krista or that team was malicious or dishonest is a total misread and misunderstanding of the situation.

I hope you come to Jambo this year, volunteer, and try to participate in some of the side activities. Spending time in a harness in that environment will provide the practice and perspective to prepare you for being ready to compete one day. You have it in you, be honest, work hard, practice, practice, practice.

A_Reittenbach

So tree stuff had a spot open for Jambo, I have 2 places to fill for the team. 275.00 included 3 square meals a day onsite, free camping holiday park, they also gave us at least 200.00 worth of gear, DMM sponsored a rigging challenge using equipment that was not on the market yet. To say the least 275.00 is steal. Looking for experienced hard working people to join a team.

SeanJames

So tree stuff had a spot open for Jambo, I have 2 places to fill for the team. 275.00 included 3 square meals a day onsite, free camping holiday park, they also gave us at least 200.00 worth of gear, DMM sponsored a rigging challenge using equipment that was not on the market yet. To say the least 275.00 is steal. Looking for experienced hard working people to join a team.
Still looking?

GregManning

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jambo 6 - 7/12,13,14/19

I recently received a list of the teams & competitors.
The climbers that are competing are unbelievably good !
I am truly impressed !

Even if you are not competing, you should show up & volunteer, or just come to watch !

treebing

I had the most fun out of any competition I have participated in. The team aspect was awesome. The creativity that went into the whole thing was really impressive. And then pulling off that creativity was phenomenal. I had a blast. Hats off to @bonner1040 and the rest of the Jambo masterminds for doing something really special for our community with this event.

A_Reittenbach

I didnt perform worth a shit but my team did awesome. Still had a good time and was an excellent group of people. Congrats to team and thanks to all the officals, sponsor, and treestuff for making it all possible!