Iron

Discussion in 'Pesticides and Ferts' started by Levi.CO, May 10, 2017.

1. Levi.CO

Levi.CO Well-Known Member

I am wondering if any of the more experienced PHC/IPM guys would share your thoughts and or approach to dealing with chlorotic trees. Frequent injections of Iron seems like a losing battle to me, especially on small trees.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

2. JustinK

JustinK Well-Known Member

Injections can be a temporary solution, and can also burn a tree if not applied properly. At best it's a temporary solution into you can amend the soil to an acceptable level, and maintain.

Levi.CO and JD3000 like this.
  3. JD3000

JD3000 Well-Known Member

Iron EDDHA is the best chelate for higher pH soils applied bia soil injection. This stuff is WAY better than the old sulfate and EDTA forms we use to use back when I got into the industry. Creating larger beds is a better long term solution. Many benefits there but I dont have time to get into soils and OM and whatnot right now. Let me live Levi.

Have you soil tested to see if you also have higher % of lime in your soil as well. Limey soils resist attempts to lower pH with sulfur if you were thinking of going that route.

Tests will also tell you if you're also potentially having other micronutrient problems of availability such as Mn.

4. JD3000

JD3000 Well-Known Member

No prob