Introducing the Wrist Rocket Ascender.

Fairfield

Its interesting about going numb when going to bed. I will lose feeling in my arms withing minutes some nights and I am dead sure it is the reason for having such bad sleep at night. Nerve damage is a son-of-a! One thing I wish I had when I started climbing is the climbing tech of today, and the fore thought to stretch more and not treat my body like an amusement park.....

Richard what is the rating of the loop? I think it could really lend itself to be useful for rescue on single rope ( with the method I use).

evo

Its interesting about going numb when going to bed. I will lose feeling in my arms withing minutes some nights and I am dead sure it is the reason for having such bad sleep at night. Nerve damage is a son-of-a! One thing I wish I had when I started climbing is the climbing tech of today, and the fore thought to stretch more and not treat my body like an amusement park.....

Richard what is the rating of the loop? I think it could really lend itself to be useful for rescue on single rope ( with the method I use).
I have always had some degree of this. It's gotten much worse. At times when sleeping on my chest both arms go out, dead asleep pins and needles barely functional and I have to flop around like a fish to get the feeling back in them.

Merle Nelson

Wow, you guys are talking about some scary side effects of work to live with. You don't have to live with them IMO.

Nerves are pinched by muscles being perpetually too tight and joints out of proper working alignment. All that can be reset by doing simple movements/'stretches'. Somatics, by Thomas Hanna has all the info. Or website, essentialsomatics, by Martha Peterson.

Sorry for the derail. Looks like a cool tool.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Santa Mumford just filled my wish list for two Wrist Rockets. One for me and one for a special friend

I wonder if/when a leftie version will be available

Use "wrist" code to save 15% before the code expires

@yoyoman

Ok, so call me old fashioned but how dos this work any better than just using a handled ascender with a lower tie in hole? I would think that being attached to the ascender with a strap would be somewhat dangerous. This type of strap has been used by weightlifters for a long time. It is a well known fact that this type of strap puts undue stress on the wrist and can lead to wrist problems. Using a handled ascender with a chunky hangrip that is easy to grab onto is going to be much better in the long run, and most likely much safer than being attached at the wrist to an ascender. I undertand that gripping a small rope all day can be hard on joints, but no more so than stressing the joints by pulling your weight.

Weightlifters are probably putting more strain on themselves. A guess.
Yes, I would absolutely agree with this comment but still, pulling ones weight over time is not going to be good on the wrists. A good grip is and should be the best way to go. This product simply does not give a clear advantage over a regular handled ascender with a nice, chunky grip on it.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Bull

Interesting point

What handled ascender do you prefer?

Do you build up the handle with tape and foam to get a better formed handle?

Pictures?

yoyoman

Ok, so call me old fashioned but how dos this work any better than just using a handled ascender with a lower tie in hole? I would think that being attached to the ascender with a strap would be somewhat dangerous. This type of strap has been used by weightlifters for a long time. It is a well known fact that this type of strap puts undue stress on the wrist and can lead to wrist problems. Using a handled ascender with a chunky hangrip that is easy to grab onto is going to be much better in the long run, and most likely much safer than being attached at the wrist to an ascender. I undertand that gripping a small rope all day can be hard on joints, but no more so than stressing the joints by pulling your weight.
Enter @Bull7775 at checkout to receive your 30% surcharge.;) Weight lifters and gymnasts are so misguided.