Intentional Barber Chair

rico

Where the heck have you been Chaplain? Taglines are so yesterday. All the best, forward thinking, out of the box tree-men are now using an initial tear cut on the top and leaving it hung up, then going down below the hung up top and making yet another topping cut? Makes perfect sense to me?

Last edited:

Chaplain242

Where the heck have you been Chaplain? Taglines are so yesterday. All the best, forward thinking, out of the box tree-men are now using an initial tear cut on the top and leaving it hung up, then going down below the hung up top and making yet another topping cut? Makes perfect sense to me?
Yeah sorry been holed up in self preservation tree techniques for so long I think I must be antiquated... not to say I haven’t done this exact thing in an already snapped storm tree, but I don’t think I will be creating a widowmaker as part of my felling routine anytime soon as I am just not that fast at running anymore to chance it.

evo

We call that a lunch break around here..

rico

Judging by Daniels last 2 vids he seems to think it's acceptable to just leave limbs and tops hung up in hopes that they will stay put, but we all know what happens when they don't. Shits gets smashed, and/or people get hurt

Last edited:

owScott

Judging by Daniels last 2 vids he seems to think it's acceptable to just leave limbs and tops hung up in hopes that they will stay put, but we all know what happens when they don't. Shits gets smashed, people get hurt, or both.
Common theme smashing shit and lots of yapping. His acceptable level of damage would get you walking papers on my job site.

Dave tettleton

Used this technique to drop a big ash into the street..

I am thinking there are examples of testing in other industries. Purposely bringing to failure. My own tensile test of lathe turned steel sections is a meek example but crash testing dummies for the car industry comes to mind also. I found it amusing the first tree refused to barber chair. Am wonderi ng if back cut was TOO far through and it made a hinge out of what was left?