IMac video editing program

MikePowers321

I'm looking for a simple, good, free video editing program for my Imac. I'm not super crafty in this department so if anyone could be of help that'd be great.

Bucknut

Mike, best bet is probably to go to the Mac App Store (on your dashboard) and search "video editor". There are several for free, so maybe just try each and see how usable they are. If it sucks, delete it and download another. I have limited experience with this stuff, but I'm gonna bet there's a reason Final Cut Pro costs $300.

Also, you might get away with using iMovie, which is already on your Mac.

BTW, I just bought one of your Powerscenders today. Cant beat that price!

I really like iMovie that's on my iPad, but it was pretty limited. I was told that the iMovie on iMacs was much better so I'd think you'll be very happy with it. It seemed VERY easy to use!

MikePowers321

One more question, any recommendations on some kind of video streaming site like youtube that is less likely to hit you with copywrite issues on music that isn't super popular?

WaitakKauri

I'd also rate Camtasia. I've used this a lot at work and it's really easy. Simple uploads to YouTube (& others I recall) and really good tutorials to get you going.

Tony

There is lots of music available on YouTube and other video sharing services. There are also subscription services that you can license music from for a fee.

To issue of using music, or any contnet for that matter, without permission is not so much your videos will get flagged. It is using somebody else’s work with out his or her permission.

Be professional, be respectful. You would not want your work or creativity associated with something you did not know about and/ or approve of. Do not do that to another.

Tony