Illinois Arborist Association TCC

Norm_Hall

The IAATCC will be on Saturday September 10, 2005 at Salt Creek Forest Preserve in DuPage County, IL.

tod_k

That's my old stompin grounds. My brother and I go into quite a bit of trouble in that area.

Hey dudes,
Can a climber w. only recreational climbing experience compete? And is there an age requitement? (Illinois) john

Norm_Hall

John,
Anyone can compete as long as they are an Illinois Arborist Association member. All climbing gear has to meet or exceed the ANSI Z133.1 Standards. Only Illinois residents can compete in the Masters Challenge. Thanks.

wct4life

[ QUOTE ]
John,
Anyone can compete as long as they are an Illinois Arborist Association member. All climbing gear has to meet or exceed the ANSI Z133.1 Standards. Only Illinois residents can compete in the Masters Challenge. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]Alright, gotta ask. So, you're saying basicly saying "Only Illinois Climbers" Correct? I keep looking for anything in or near Ohio and this is the only thing I've found so far.

Are all chapter competitions like this? I don't want to end up being an "outlaw" climber. /forum/images/graemlins/gangster.gif

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Many, like IL, will allow you to compete for prizes, but not let you represent the chapter at ITCC. So, you can compete but not in the final round.

Norm_Hall

The Illinois Arborist Association will let compete if you are a member($45). Like Mark said, you can win prizes by winning individual events, but only Illinois residents can compete in the Masters Challenge and represent the Illinois Chapter at the ITCC.

treemanluke

Hey that sounds fair! Up in the good ol'PNW they let out of chapter competitors in the Masters... I thuogh the runer up the the southerner, who was a great guy by the way ,should have ben in the big climb. it wasn't me eather, just my thoughts,?

Jesse

Is there a fee on top of the $45 chapter dues. I may be interested in making the trip. I need to get tuned up for the KY TCC in October.