I should've sold tickets, hazard tree pull down

moss

This was an interesting hung tree on a customer's property. While working on other trees next to their house I'd noted a failed red oak leaning on a big white pine. It had been there for a few years, no obvious targets except other woods trees. I deemed it not imminent but we put it on the work list. Customer called me early Monday morning, the hung leaner had cut loose overnight and hit a three trunk ground level codominant red oak. The impact destabilized the codoms. One trunk crossed an adjacent road, one went into the woods took out more trees, one hung in a second large white pine next to the road. I had my work cut out for me. Removed the tree on the road and then set a pull rope on the new hung leaner. With 6:1 MA and probably 5 "resets" of the prussiks on the MA setup I finally got it down. By the time it came down I had a group of neighbors watching from a safe vantage point, they shot some video for me.

-AJ

Last edited:

moss

Was that pollen when it came over?
Yes, awesome right? That's white pine pollen setled on the oak leaves, they're having a big pollen year. Not actually allergenic to humans, the particles are too large apparently to engage our immune systems the way other pollen does. However it is dust and it will choke you ;-)
-AJ