I love my Tree Mek but....

TreeGuru4u

Had this baby for 9 months. Still brand new but I must part ways and sell. This truck is like new. My asking is close to what it costs for a build. YOU save $60,000 IRS F.E.T tax and the hassle of doing a new build, which takes about 10 months and several trips to build shop.60237

TreeGuru4u

Details are:
$495,000 - Like new! Under 2,500 miles and 92 hours on crane - Perfect Condition and it is a beast!
CRANE: 92hrs on Palfinger PK-63002 EH E with PJ 125 E V1 jib (6 sections +6 sections) – 112’ Vertical/102’ Horizontal Reach with 6 ft. manual pull out extension, continuous 360-degree rotation, 2 Remotes, Balance of Warranty from Palfinger, See pic of chart, Topseat

TRUCK: 2018 Kenworth T880 with under 2,500 miles, with Cummins X15 set at 485hp (boostable), Air-ride, Allison automatic, 22k front/13k pusher drop/46k rear, 12.5’ flatbed, 5 mounted toolboxes, strobes, worklights, In-cab camera for rear/front/side views, pintle hitch, cotter-pin removable ground mat storage rack, front/crane/rear stabilizers

2 GRAPPLE-SAWS: SG-160 (great for tight spots) and SG-280 (25” bar & opens to 59”)

TreeGuru4u

Knucklebooms are a great tool and this thing has the best combination of capacity and reach. The small grapple (sg160) is great for tight spots and light enough for great capacity at full extension. The bigger sg280 fits up to a 25' saw bar and has a bear hug opening of 59"! So when wood is too thick for grapple to cut just team up with your climber or bucket guy and get it done.

TreeGuru4u

For those of you asking for specs see above description.

I am also posting the crane's chart below. For those who want to learn, knuckles with jibs have 2 charts, a chart with the jib attached (on right) and chart with the jib taken off (on left) which adds significant capacity for big lifts.

Add 6ft of reach to the chart I am posting for the manual pull-out extension. So the 106' vertical reach becomes 112' and then do the same for the horizontal.

Steve Connally

Very nice. Wish I was in the market for #2 but not quite yet. Have you posted on facebook Mecanil Grapple Saw Enthusiasts? If not you should. If you're not a member, request to join and i'll approve it as soon as I see it.

TreeGuru4u

When you have cabling in a tree this is how you deal with it. Nible, Nible, Nible and then back to full speed. It becomes more difficult to deal with when the tree is dead, as in this case, because you are loading up the weight on the final pick. You need to avoid the dangling pieces getting hung-up on stuff and tangled if the pick tilts. Slower movements are necessary to avoid excess swinging.
TruckPics6.27 (5).jpg

Last edited:

TreeGuru4u

Truck is still available. Dropping package price to $450k! If you are serious message me. This is a real deal! That is $110k off a new one when fet is included for something that is in perfect condition.

Sfoppema

What a beautiful truck. So expensive new, though! I feel like I'd go for 2006 or older for emissions purposes. I understand it's easier to get a loan from a bank for a new truck, however. At least that's what they told me. Such an expense! Have to find a rich person to get a personal loan and pay cash and build on older truck....
Be real, what percentage of driveways that you drive this truck on do you crack? I'm sure it'll be sold it no time...

TreeGuru4u

What a beautiful truck. So expensive new, though! I feel like I'd go for 2006 or older for emissions purposes. I understand it's easier to get a loan from a bank for a new truck, however. At least that's what they told me. Such an expense! Have to find a rich person to get a personal loan and pay cash and build on older truck....
Be real, what percentage of driveways that you drive this truck on do you crack? I'm sure it'll be sold it no time...
Honestly I have have not had any cracked driveways and I don't even put the drop axle down.

As for pre-emissions trucks it now appears to be 2019 according to my calendar. I'm not going to debate people's opinions on the emission lemons sold after 2007, but at some point we all have to move on. Of course I wouldn't buy anything from 2008-2011.

What I will say is the Cummins X15 was designed and came out after the lemon years. This engine is great and generally the reviews I read are good too. I have no regen issues.

You are correct, what people need to focus on for any financing of a new truck, mine included is:
1) Can I get a better loan on a newer truck with a lower interest rate (YES!)
2) Does a newer truck cost more (YES!),
3) What will the value of a pre-2007 truck be in another 5-8years (Not much as it will be 17-20yrs old!)

Last edited:

TreeGuru4u

Why not put a climber on the hook with a bolt cutter and remove cables then the tree.
That is a good point if you have a climber on the job. I could have geared up and lifted myself, but it was faster to do with the mek.
My example is to just point out the technique for how you do it if you don't out some one in the tree. Using a Mek takes away the need for extra personnel on most jobs. For this job in particular it would have been a waste to have a climber there to make 2 cable cuts.

CanaryBoss

That is a good point if you have a climber on the job. I could have geared up and lifted myself, but it was faster to do with the mek.
My example is to just point out the technique for how you do it if you don't out some one in the tree. Using a Mek takes away the need for extra personnel on most jobs. For this job in particular it would have been a waste to have a climber there to make 2 cable cuts.
Soo true, the fact that nobody has to have any physical risk is the biggest benefit. They are faster, they are cleaner, they require less support equipment, they improve your image, but MOST importantly, there is NO risk of injury.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Got ya. I use knucklebooms exclusively to salvage mahogany logs. Never even seen a mek yet in person.....