I found the poison ivy/oak solution.

misfit

The best cure for poison ivy rash that I have found is Zanfel. It's available over the counter at any drugstore, and don't let the ugly packaging deter you. I was skeptical of it at first, even after my doctor recommended it to me, but that stuff really does work. It does not stop the itching for just a few hours; it stops it for good. The first use alone is often enough to stop it completely and forever, but I sometimes have to use it again the next day or even a third day to put a final end to it. You will still have the rash, but it won't itch and it clears faster. The tubes are stupid expensive -- about $40 or so -- but I always keep it on hand. It's the only thing I have found that works AFTER the rash appears. It's also a good idea to get a prescription steroid cream for backup and for those sensitive places where you can't use Zanfel effectively. Even without the Zanfel, the cream will at least let you sleep all night without waking up scratching.

TallTreeClimber

Recently exposed fellow here... (to poison ivy/oak, that is)...

Any words from the experienced on using a squirt bottle of rubbing alcohol and covering everything suspected of coming in contact with the oils? @TallTreeClimber, do you think rubbing alcohol would have the same effect as the sanitizer gel, or is there something extra in the gel that increases its efficacy relative to straight iso alcohol?
From a chemical perspective I think it would cut the grease as well, but it's not as easily dispensed as the pump gel is. I have one in the door of my car that I use after pumping gas too, and before I eat fast food...I've become a germaphobe since getting the flu 3 years ago.

I wish some others would comment on if this has been effective for them.

Scratch

The best cure for poison ivy rash that I have found is Zanfel. It's available over the counter at any drugstore, and don't let the ugly packaging deter you. I was skeptical of it at first, even after my doctor recommended it to me, but that stuff really does work. It does not stop the itching for just a few hours; it stops it for good. The first use alone is often enough to stop it completely and forever, but I sometimes have to use it again the next day or even a third day to put a final end to it. You will still have the rash, but it won't itch and it clears faster. The tubes are stupid expensive -- about $40 or so -- but I always keep it on hand. It's the only thing I have found that works AFTER the rash appears. It's also a good idea to get a prescription steroid cream for backup and for those sensitive places where you can't use Zanfel effectively. Even without the Zanfel, the cream will at least let you sleep all night without waking up scratching.
POISON IVY - Tagged for future.

LordFarkwad

I brought a spray bottle of alcohol and a washcloth with me after a job this morning. No poison ivy in sight, but I did have a pair of gloves that were in existence at the time of incident, and although I disposed of the pair that I was using, there's always the potential that they came in contact. I had washed them using alcohol and Dawn several times, but now I'm paranoid.

So anyway, I spritzed my face with alcohol (right in the eye socket area, etc.) and wiped it away. It is an approach that you MUST believe you are getting a benefit from, as this hurts like crap. So, did it do anything? No idea. Was I even exposed to extant oils? No idea. Did it hurt like crazy? Yes, yes it did.

TallTreeClimber

I brought a spray bottle of alcohol and a washcloth with me after a job this morning. No poison ivy in sight, but I did have a pair of gloves that were in existence at the time of incident, and although I disposed of the pair that I was using, there's always the potential that they came in contact. I had washed them using alcohol and Dawn several times, but now I'm paranoid.

So anyway, I spritzed my face with alcohol (right in the eye socket area, etc.) and wiped it away. It is an approach that you MUST believe you are getting a benefit from, as this hurts like crap. So, did it do anything? No idea. Was I even exposed to extant oils? No idea. Did it hurt like crazy? Yes, yes it did.
I've never felt the need to put any on my face before. I only need ankles, hands, wrists and arms...but I don't climb a tree with ivy on it, and the gel doesn't burn me. Are you sure you don't wanna just use the hand sanitizer gel?

LordFarkwad

I've never felt the need to put any on my face before. I only need ankles, hands, wrists and arms...but I don't climb a tree with ivy on it, and the gel doesn't burn me. Are you sure you don't wanna just use the hand sanitizer gel?
Haha yeah I'll try the gel. I'm just working with what I have on hand at the moment.