Husqvarna BLi200 Issue

BigLnasty

Hello all,

has anybody had a problem with a BLi200 battery? I've been running a T536LiXP with it. Purchase in the first week of February but really hasn't gotten heavy use in that time. It seemed like the charge didn't last as long as it should and would go from half charge to dead very quickly. With no real experience with battery-powered power equipment, I just assumed it was par for the course. I'm thinking maybe I was right after today. I got up in a tree today and made a few cuts, clipped my saw in, repositioned and my saw suddenly doesn't work. I had my groundie throw it on the QC330 charger to verify that it was fully charged (I know that it was) and the charger is giving us a flashing red light.

Has anybody had a similar issue? Were you able to resolve it? I'm assuming that's an error code indicating the battery is bad.

Thanks for the help!

Birdyman88

As far as it being an error code, the manual for the saw should list it somewhere. I have no experience with Husqvarna batteries, but in my experience with other Li-Ion battery tools, going from half charge to none very quickly is generally a sign of a bad cell(s).

deevo

Hello all,

has anybody had a problem with a BLi200 battery? I've been running a T536LiXP with it. Purchase in the first week of February but really hasn't gotten heavy use in that time. It seemed like the charge didn't last as long as it should and would go from half charge to dead very quickly. With no real experience with battery-powered power equipment, I just assumed it was par for the course. I'm thinking maybe I was right after today. I got up in a tree today and made a few cuts, clipped my saw in, repositioned and my saw suddenly doesn't work. I had my groundie throw it on the QC330 charger to verify that it was fully charged (I know that it was) and the charger is giving us a flashing red light.

Has anybody had a similar issue? Were you able to resolve it? I'm assuming that's an error code indicating the battery is bad.

Thanks for the help!
It’s the charger, mine did the same thing. My local dealer replaced it and no issues since.

BigLnasty

It was a bad battery. Factory warranty is for 2 years for professional use. Purchased a new one with a new replacement on the way!

Merle Nelson

Some percentage of any product line comes out bad. This is the first Husky Batt I've heard of. (I have five.)

Thanks for taking the bad one for the rest of us. :)