Husqvarna 562

ehp

most likely you got a fuel line with a hole in it , the primer bulb is not a very good idea , but if its the carb they will just put a new carb on it just hope your dealer has the CD program kit from Husky to fix the new carb

dylanclimbs

I just bought one today, as my range of saws went from 50 to 85 cc and I was no longer content with the 261 and 18" bar. I demoed it on some hardwoods and summarily traded the 261. For some reason they wouldn't take the trade straight across, so they made me pay some. Haha.

A little vid of this thing in 22" honey locust. A beast, and really ergonomic. I like it now but new stuff is always cool. Time will tell...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sh8VPSr6_18&list=HL1354256247

BBBTree

Owner of the service I work for has a 562. My first thought when I saw it was, "what a weird looking little fake saw." I've been using it for the past few days, and it is lean and mean. For a saw that small, it really hauls chain around that 28" bar, and I mean hauls it.

I haven't had any hot carb/restart issues with it, but I definitely like the new power/choke switch technology they have on these 500 series saws. I like how the nuts over the bar cover can not separate from the bar cover, so you can't lose them.

The saw IS much more serious than I thought when I saw it sitting on our shelf. My only complaint is about the bucking dogs. They are so little, and they have that angled up bottom spike just so you absolutely cannot get that spike in the wood to pivot your bar. Made me mad, and I immediately thought they must sell a bigger set them separately for a lot of money.

I'm looking out for the 540. I asked my dealer about it, and he said his guy from Husky said they would be in around Feb. But I was also told that he had to laugh at himself because the release date has been delayed so many times already that nobody can actually depend on Feb. He really doesn't expect it to show up here until late in the year.

chep

BBB,

Really, a 28 inch bar on a 60cc saw??? really? Husky doesnt reccomend over a 24. I personally wouldn't use over a 20 on that.
Guess id have to see it to believe it.

dylanclimbs

I like a 24" bar, in that vid I posted that is the length of bar I'm using. Less bending when limbing.

The real issue of using a longer bar & chain than recommended is due to the potential safety problem for throwing a chain. One opens up the potential for the chain to hit the operator when using a longer bar than recommended. It has less to do with the power or ability of a saw to pull the chain than the safety of use.

ehp

I run my 562 everyday and found in cutting big oak the saw doesnot provide enough bar oil to me , My saw has lots of power just needs more oil, now cutting stuff like pine its fine

BBBTree

Ya, I believe it's a 28". I'll check again.

I was working in the shop with my fiance just a little bit ago, and I was telling her that the 24" bar on the 562 would be a much better situation than the 28.

I'm thinking that dealer is selling the 562 with the 28", but now I'm now I'm thinking I may be wrong.

BBBTree

Yeah, this one has a 28" bar on it. That's what it came with.

EHP,

Did you adjust your oiler? You can adjust the oiler on all Huskys to high, medium, or low. Yours may be on low.

ehp

Mine is wide open , 562 works alot better with the 20 inch on it than the 24 inch in our hardwood , I run a 24 inch on my ported 390 husky as well

BBBTree

Yeah, as soon as I look at this one, I thought 24"; stronger and lighter in the trees.

Good luck with it.

BBBTree

I was using the 562 with a 28" bar today to cut down a heap of brush. It was like running through a jungle mess. The saw worked like a sword in that junk. I've never had better; light weight, strong, and the long bar gives so much reach.

It has a great weight/power ratio. nuff said

Oroboros

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

just have a look ;-)

husqvarna ????

[/ QUOTE ]

I am surprised no one had alluded to the T540 video posted. I know i am eager as he11 to get my hands on one

-Steve [/

I try not to get excited by what the salesman says. I'll wait to hear from regular users.

jomoco

That 540 video blows.

The 540T is supposed to compete with the best removal trimsaw ever, the 200T Stihl, not the 192T trimsaw for goodness sakes.

I want to see that 14 inch bar completely buried in hardwood and still pulling strong dang it!

Not pruning petunias!

jomoco