Husky 536li Scabbard for climbing?

Ob2

I'm loving this little battery saw, but I want to try keeping a scabbard on while climbing to keep chain from tangling on branches and nicking my ropes/saddle. I see Stihl makes a nice arborist scabbard designed to click into place, but I'm guessing that won't work on Husky saw? Anyone tried that or similar, or have another climbing scabbard solution?

vadriller

I use a shembiner to hold my saw in my saddle. The scabbard has never come off on me yet, but it is just friction that keeps it on the bar.

When I am cutting I clip the piece of accessory cord to my caritool on my left side to hold the scabbard.

Ob2

I use a shembiner to hold my saw in my saddle. The scabbard has never come off on me yet, but it is just friction that keeps it on the bar.

When I am cutting I clip the piece of accessory cord to my caritool on my left side to hold the scabbard.
Gotcha thanks, the saw dangling and constantly snagging in tight canopies drives me nuts. I've been scheming on how one could mount a scabbard horizontal-ish along the back of saddle, along with a saw mount point at right lower back/pelvis to keep it up and outta the way all the time. The trick of course is how setting it up so it releases and stows easily. Guess I should start a separate thread on that

Z'sTrees

Magnets seem like they'd work well.
I don't think I could get used to pulling a scabbard off every time I needed to make a cut tho.

Reactions: Ob2

vadriller

I think I understand what you are describing now, I just use to scabbard to keep from picking my ropes so much when I am climbing or making big moves.

I know this would not be practical at all, but I have an image in my head of a 2511T in something like a large pistol chest holster.

Ob2

I think I understand what you are describing now, I just use to scabbard to keep from picking my ropes so much when I am climbing or making big moves.

I know this would not be practical at all, but I have an image in my head of a 2511T in something like a large pistol chest holster.
Yes that sort of idea, hope to find time to experiment with a scabbard 'tip tied' horizontally at my lower back, we'll see how easily drawing & sheathing the saw can be done!