Hitch Hiker in Comps

Discussion in 'Rules and Regs' started by bonner1040, Feb 18, 2013.

1. treewhitelock

treewhitelock New Member

All this crap about RW or the HH in TCCs is crap! I use the RW 50% or more at work, and isnt that the point! i believe the genius behind the RWs idea was to create a tool all WORKING arborist could use everyday to make access and work a bit easier! Job accomplished! the working man can buy this at several vendors and WORK with it everyday. Thank you KB for inventing this product! I trust my life with it!

2. treesandsurf

treesandsurf Active Member

Yep it's pretty much ridiculous. I'm supposed to compete in a week and I was just thinking I haven't climbed doubled rope in more than 6 months. Should be interesting...

jp[​IMG]

3. Rocks_and_Trees

Rocks_and_Trees Active Member

Good post treewill! But I gotta say, I'd rather footlock than bodyhump anyday. Especially when they set-up 80ft. belayed speed climbs. What sane tree climber would bodythrust that far? If any event needs updating or just eliminating, it's the belayed speed climb event. I think I might just bow out of that event this year...

4. bonner1040

bonner1040 Well-Known Member

A lot of guys dont know any other way than body thrusting.

5. Sirnick

Sirnick Member

So whats the story? Is it allowed or not? I can't really find an answer through the pages :p

6. bonner1040

bonner1040 Well-Known Member

It will be OHIO!!!!!!!

7. willie

willie Member

Seems the HH is still not allowed in Portland. Any more progress since the last post?