Hitch Hiker 2 availability

Howie65

Hello together,

I ask myself since a few weeks why Treestuff isn't offering the HH2 anymore.

I am sad because I have the HH1 and fear to miss the HH2 milestone (in climbing history)

Any insights?

Howie65

I could not resist and decided to also order the HH2 directly from RopeTek despite I own the HH1. Surprisingly the answer from RopeTek was that they are out of them because they have sold the remaining ones to WesSpur. And Sam from RopeTek wished me good luck to get one of them.

I am not really sure what this means but I guess that the product Hitch Hiker comes to its end. Therefore I am more than happy that I still could order 2 pieces from WesSpur some days ago and I am very curious what will happen if WesSpur has sold the remaining ones. The answer will come soon because today the counter was at 28.

I am glad that I could get two and sad that the production of this great invention seems to stop. Yes, feeling happy and sad at the same time seems to be possible.

yoyoman

I could not resist and decided to also order the HH2 directly from RopeTek despite I own the HH1. Surprisingly the answer from RopeTek was that they are out of them because they have sold the remaining ones to WesSpur. And Sam from RopeTek wished me good luck to get one of them.

I am not really sure what this means but I guess that the product Hitch Hiker comes to its end. Therefore I am more than happy that I still could order 2 pieces from WesSpur some days ago and I am very curious what will happen if WesSpur has sold the remaining ones. The answer will come soon because today the counter was at 28.

I am glad that I could get two and sad that the production of this great invention seems to stop. Yes, feeling happy and sad at the same time seems to be possible.
I don't know, is such a great product, I have a funny feeling that it is long from going away. ;-)

pctree

Ropetek is a very small company, Sam is my wife and I'm sure she urged you to purchase through Wesspur as our international shipping rates are more expensive than theirs. I make very little money from Ropetek, a fraction of what my tree service brings in so I have pretty much given up taking time off of tree work to make products. We have no intentions of discontinuing the HH2 but our production rate is very slow hence the scarcity of products. We spent a lot of time this year re engineering the Wraptor to work with a Honda motor as the Tanaka's we were using were discontinued. We had the busiest year ever with the trees and bottom line is I'm tired!

rico

Ropetek is a very small company, Sam is my wife and I'm sure she urged you to purchase through Wesspur as our international shipping rates are more expensive than theirs. I make very little money from Ropetek, a fraction of what my tree service brings in so I have pretty much given up taking time off of tree work to make products. We have no intentions of discontinuing the HH2 but our production rate is very slow hence the scarcity of products. We spent a lot of time this year re engineering the Wraptor to work with a Honda motor as the Tanaka's we were using were discontinued. We had the busiest year ever with the trees and bottom line is I'm tired!
I recently picked up a HH2 from WesSpur. What a kick ass tool!

oldoakman

I have both hh1 and HH2. I found that the high humidity here in the south will raise surface rust on the hh1 and had a good amount of rust inside the dog bone holes from sweat soaking the hitch cord. The HH2 doesn't seem to be quite as bad that way. I like the way you can use them SRT and drt. I expect I'll run it at geezers. It works great on Yale Scandere. I think the Scandere has become my go to rope. But ultimately I want a Wraptor.