Here's my dream set up, gear wise for Rec Tree Climbing...

skygear

Good grief buy a tree climbing harness and some bling. Get comfy. And a wrench is not bulky. What madness am I hearing......
Petzl Tandem when I want / need it and the Rock Exotica SwivaBiner . Easily removable on the fly vs the Transformer.

Yes, the "boys" are safe this way. No nut hittin' and I can repurpose it when I need to.

After thought- probably the same money the Transformer will be. SwivaBiner ~$80 and ~$100 for the Petzl Tandem Speed

I'll snap some better in the morning....

TREEfool

Good grief buy a tree climbing harness and some bling. Get comfy. And a wrench is not bulky. What madness am I hearing......
Most tree harnesses take up more space than my entire summer backpacking kit which is a big deal when traveling via bike. But I must admit that if I had the money I would own a tree harness for day climbs.

Tuebor

Anyone have any experience with the Notch Sentry harnesses? Seem like it woukd be a great travel/Rec style harness. Has to be better then a rock climbing style...http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=17522
Yes, I bought one a couple months ago. Love how light it is! Unfortunately the seat squeezed my legs together and crushed my hips. Couldn't sit in it for more than 30 seconds before it hurt. While I was climbing, the seat would creep up and ride above my buttocks, so I constantly had to pull it down before I put my weight into it. Had to return it. I would give it another try if it had leg loops instead.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
A TM light or sequoia is as good as it gets for a rec saddle. Cough up the dollars and enjoy climbing. Going cheap is just not the way. Tree climbing is way cheaper than most recreationsl sports.

CanadianStan

+1 for Sequoia. Nothing else comes close to it for weight (that includes a rope bridge and side Ds). The Skylotec Record is the closest thing, by having a rockclimbing belay loop style main attachment, except instead of a dyneema sling you have a ring. Semi-floating bridge but not quite