Hand saw on leg or saddle

Do you find it better to have your hand saw on your leg or on your saddle? What's the best hand saw you have use out there?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Crimsonking

I’ve used both, and I think the notch talon is better overall. I liked my saw pod, but it didn’t last 2 years. Also, I found the sawpod messier to pack than the talon. And for what it’s worth to you, the talon has a warranty.

Between leg and saddle, I’ve gone back to saddle just to have less to think about and put on. Less steps to prep and break down. One less thing to forget when your flow gets interrupted. However, the leg is a great option, and I often think about going back.

Try something new and stick to it for two weeks before making a final decision. That’s usually enough time to adjust to something new and be able to more fairly judge between options.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
I made my own elastic straps and buckles

The saw is on my knee. The top elastic is tight above my knobby knee. The bottom is a little looser and wraps above my calf muscle. It articulates perfectly and I never feel
It.

When I stand and hang my arm down the handle is right ther in my hand. No hunkering ornlifting my leg

oldoakman

I made my own elastic straps and buckles

The saw is on my knee. The top elastic is tight above my knobby knee. The bottom is a little looser and wraps above my calf muscle. It articulates perfectly and I never feel
It.

When I stand and hang my arm down the handle is right ther in my hand. No hunkering ornlifting my leg
Sounds like you need to patent and market that Tom, supplement your retirement.

Jehinten

Sugoi 420 on my leg when climbing. I just use the silky velcro that comes with the scabord, works great. Bucket work it gets clipped to the life support ring. Which is kind of like hip attachment.

Bob Bob

My Zubat stays clipped on my saddle when I do take it into the canopy. Tried the leg strap thing in the past but it just didn't feel natural for me.

Steve Connally

I've used the Notch since it came out. Its solid. I use a very short silky for crane work in the talon. If i'm working a big pruner I use a samurai with a custom made leather scabbard on my saddle.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Sawpod with a silky prosenti. The prosenti scabbardis modded to fit flat on sawpod. Sweet ass setup. Hate curved handsaws and the fine teeth at the nose are great for tight crotches and thin bark. A straight blade makes precise back cuts setting hinges....taking tops.....on skinny shit.....