Ground workers, apprentice/ PT Climber, Olympia WA

southsoundtree

Olympia is a great place to work on trees. Full time work, year round.

Large trees, small trees, medium trees, monster trees. Big conifers and hardwoods alike, fruit tree orchards, Japanese maples. A different adventure all the time.

Spurless pruning. Dismantles and large tree felling, occasional crane jobs. Cabling/ support systems. SRT. Mini with BMG grapple. Stump grinding. Wraptor.

Looking for a safe, team player for a small team or 2-3. Good work ethic, healthy. Ready to learn. Clean driving record and background check.

I'll update this as I get time. Please PM me for more details.

evo

I have a friend who is contract climbing just to the north of you. He's willing to commute up here, which is much further than he is from you. Great guy, good climber, and supersafe. ISA and TRAQ (or whatever the hell it is now)

southsoundtree

@evo would you get me his contact info?

Please excuse the informal job listing. Busy.Busy. Busy.

We had a microburst. I've worked every day for the last week and a half- two weeks to get the downed trees done. Have two more tipped trees to bid today, along with other storm trees, and the regular customer base.

10 year business anniversary coming this year. Looking to expand now that my kid is in school.

Hiring a climbing arborist and 2 ground workers. I'd like to transition out of all the climbing, to some of the climbing.

PM or post in the thread for details.

Pay DOE.

evo

Daum it's been 10 years? My friend got a job at the state parks... I will keep my eyes and ears open. There is a crew on Facebook who sub for each other.. just search for puget sound climbers

evo

Yup! I think they are down to two at the moment... all the old timers left or retired

southsoundtree

I did it for a bit over 2 years. Tell him to watch his ass!!! I think that it is 5 times as dangerous as regular residential work. Holy S*&^ can it build your skill set, though, well, I worked with the old timer who'd done huge trees in the parks for 20 years. Different crew now. I definitely hadn't driving a skidder, use Silvey jacks, or a springboard and 880 before SP.

Someone convinced them about SRT, Wraptoring, high power Bigshot-ing.

Last edited: