Green Teeth vs New River

Tbstump

Trying to decide on a new wheel set up for a new bandit 2550T 49hp diesel.
•Green teeth 900 series wear sharp teeth two sides less expensive
•New river one side, more expensive
Anyone have first hand experience using these teeth which set up is better any info much appreciated

Tree_Frog

I am in the process of building a 2550T and had the same question in another thread. I was at the Florida ITCC in Maitland on Saturday and the Bandit rep was there. I posed that question to him and with his personal experience on the machines, he recommend to use the Green teeth as they work better for the smaller machines 2550 and below and use the New river on 2600 series and above. The engines are just too small for the teeth.

With green teeth some people have been only getting 2 turns. You will get 3 if you rotate sooner. Sharp teeth, fast cut.

New river has 2 cutting edges if you rotate sides. Tip teeth size is dependant on the engine size with the Short/short increasing the wear on the wheel.

Some research you will find the New River wheel itself is that the wheel is only good for about 600hrs. The HD solved a bit of that problem with a build up on the wear points. The Green Teeth wheel lasts longer. Not sure on hours.

I do not have one, just been data mining everything to get to this build point. Sometimes there are too many options. lol.

erwin

this might be a good time to set up and learn to sharpen teeth on the machine. it's not hard to set up and to sharpen at all. Once you start doing that, u will never go back. I personally will never buy a wheel / teeth system that can not be sharpened on machine.

Tree_Frog

this might be a good time to set up and learn to sharpen teeth on the machine. it's not hard to set up and to sharpen at all. Once you start doing that, u will never go back. I personally will never buy a wheel / teeth system that can not be sharpened on machine.
What setup do you have and how do you sharpen the teeth to get a precision edge while on the grinder?

erwin

I’m leaving the country now. When I come back I’ll post pictures and a write up. Concave shaped teeth like green teeth won’t work. Vermeer’s yellow jacket is a good choice for this or any other flat faced teeth. I’m thinking upgrade to the kind with very large flat faced teeth (forgot the name) in the future. It’s about 3 grand, pricy! But u only need 4 or 6 teeth for a 60 hp grinder