Got quote today for a 20-80 hour Vermeer CTX100 Demon unit for 33k. Pretty high to me.

erwin

The sales guy just emailed to me. 39k minus 6k demon unit discount. No attachments included. That’s higher than what I’m willing to pay. What do u guys get? Thx for any input. Erwin

craneguy1

About $75 per hour on meter was deducted from our sc852 when we bought it a couple years back. Last 85 horse unit available in our region due to tier 4 final.

erwin

Got the deal from Vermeer yesterday 33k brand new unit from factory with forks or bucket. I’m pretty sure I’ll take it. Won’t mind taking a 80 hour demo unit for the same price with a grapple too. Will see when I finalize the deal on Monday.

deevo

I know for a fact that there is wiggle room when dealing with vermeer...bandit, not so much.
Yep, they have lots! They were asking 33 when I bought my 725, I got them down to 27! Well actually my friend Jesse did :censored:.

erwin

They’re asking price this year for ctx100 is 39k. At least that’s what they r telling me. Well, 33 couldn’t b too bad

tnttree

If a guy is gonna spend around 39K, Do yourself and your clients lawn a favor, retire your plywood and alturnas, and give articulating a good look its a level above a monster mini skid.
talk to anybody that has run both - in most all cases the mini skid is sold or becomes a back up

erwin

Thx for ur opinions. I did look into articulated tractor. If I were to spend 35k just for a material handling equipment for my tree business, I might have go that way. However, I have to consider other functionalities like real digging on the farm occasionally and other functions that I thought a skid would do better since I can’t afford to own a full sized skid beside this. I might b wrong that an articulated one won’t do as well but that’s my impression so far.

tnttree

Thx for ur opinions. I did look into articulated tractor. If I were to spend 35k just for a material handling equipment for my tree business, I might have go that way. However, I have to consider other functionalities like real digging on the farm occasionally and other functions that I thought a skid would do better since I can’t afford to own a full sized skid beside this. I might b wrong that an articulated one won’t do as well but that’s my impression so far.
the tracks will dig better for sure - usually not much digging in tree debris forwarding

deevo

If a guy is gonna spend around 39K, Do yourself and your clients lawn a favor, retire your plywood and alturnas, and give articulating a good look its a level above a monster mini skid.
talk to anybody that has run both - in most all cases the mini skid is sold or becomes a back up
I second that, my mini skid is a backup now to my Avant, guys don’t know what they are missing out on with these articulating loaders!

Wes84

Got the deal from Vermeer yesterday 33k brand new unit from factory with forks or bucket. I’m pretty sure I’ll take it. Won’t mind taking a 80 hour demo unit for the same price with a grapple too. Will see when I finalize the deal on Monday.
Wow. Wish that I would have seen this thread sooner. Just bought a CTX 100 from Vermeer Southeast last week. $38,500, no attachments. Price was firm. Don't know if its the region I'm in but that's quite a price difference. Admittedly I was sold on a new DW SK1050 but when I compared the CTX 100 with my 2015 SK850 there was a noticeable power difference and also a lot of little extra things that DW doesn't bother with. That's saying a lot because the 850 was a beast.

erwin

I assume that they at least Gave u either a bucket or a pair of forks, right? If not, I’ll feel really bad for u.

The reason I got a deal is the sales manager quoted me in the middle of winter at the time I wasn’t going to buy. The sales guy won’t believe me when I told him. But after checking with the manager he said that they r going to honor the deal! I got a pair of forks. I also delt with Midwest, the sales guy is Tim, very helpful. He brought me both the Vermeer and BMG grapple and a bucket. After a week, I decided to get it directly from BMG(see my other recent thread, very in depth comparison between BMG and Vermeer) and the 1 yard mulch bucket! I’m I’m in the ever after phase now.

erwin

My opinion Vermeer is no longer the same Vermeer anymore. The sc60tx and ctx100 put them among the best. They r trying to ask for top dollar as DW, but sometimes they r not that confident they they’ll get it. That’s why I got a deal of century.

Wes84

I assume that they at least Gave u either a bucket or a pair of forks, right? If not, I’ll feel really bad for u.

The reason I got a deal is the sales manager quoted me in the middle of winter at the time I wasn’t going to buy. The sales guy won’t believe me when I told him. But after checking with the manager he said that they r going to honor the deal! I got a pair of forks. I also delt with Midwest, the sales guy is Tim, very helpful. He brought me both the Vermeer and BMG grapple and a bucket. After a week, I decided to get it directly from BMG(see my other recent thread, very in depth comparison between BMG and Vermeer) and the 1 yard mulch bucket! I’m I’m in the ever after phase now.
I got the quote just over a month ago when everything was getting busy. I didn't get any attachments because I already owned them. I'm not too hurt about it though. My salesman was able to tell me EVERYTHING about the design of the machine. They put a lot of thought into it. Its simplified as much as possible but also has a lot of engineering details that DW doesn't. Baffles welded into the already oversized hydraulic tanks on the return. Prevents cavitation/heat build up. VERY well planned component placement. You can definitely tell that it was engineered to live a long life. They're also the first to do something that ive been saying for a few years now....Variable displacement piston pumps. There's a reason that they've put them on almost every mini ex for the past 2 decades... you have to have that torque when you're working with smaller engines. My SK850 had a really strong engine but it was hard to ever load it up and use all of the power because IMO, it just didn't have adequate pumps. When I ran my brush mowers on the Vermeer demo, I was sold. There was a very noticeable difference in hydraulic performance between the 2. All of that to say it is a very nice and productive machine. At $39k it's about $6k higher than an SK1050 with no attachments. If it proves to be as durable and reliable as a Ditch Witch, I think that the extra value is there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited: