Got quote today for a 20-80 hour Vermeer CTX100 Demon unit for 33k. Pretty high to me.

erwin

The sales guy just emailed to me. 39k minus 6k demon unit discount. No attachments included. That’s higher than what I’m willing to pay. What do u guys get? Thx for any input. Erwin

craneguy1

About $75 per hour on meter was deducted from our sc852 when we bought it a couple years back. Last 85 horse unit available in our region due to tier 4 final.

erwin

Got the deal from Vermeer yesterday 33k brand new unit from factory with forks or bucket. I’m pretty sure I’ll take it. Won’t mind taking a 80 hour demo unit for the same price with a grapple too. Will see when I finalize the deal on Monday.

deevo

I know for a fact that there is wiggle room when dealing with vermeer...bandit, not so much.
Yep, they have lots! They were asking 33 when I bought my 725, I got them down to 27! Well actually my friend Jesse did :censored:.

erwin

They’re asking price this year for ctx100 is 39k. At least that’s what they r telling me. Well, 33 couldn’t b too bad

tnttree

If a guy is gonna spend around 39K, Do yourself and your clients lawn a favor, retire your plywood and alturnas, and give articulating a good look its a level above a monster mini skid.
talk to anybody that has run both - in most all cases the mini skid is sold or becomes a back up

erwin

Thx for ur opinions. I did look into articulated tractor. If I were to spend 35k just for a material handling equipment for my tree business, I might have go that way. However, I have to consider other functionalities like real digging on the farm occasionally and other functions that I thought a skid would do better since I can’t afford to own a full sized skid beside this. I might b wrong that an articulated one won’t do as well but that’s my impression so far.

tnttree

Thx for ur opinions. I did look into articulated tractor. If I were to spend 35k just for a material handling equipment for my tree business, I might have go that way. However, I have to consider other functionalities like real digging on the farm occasionally and other functions that I thought a skid would do better since I can’t afford to own a full sized skid beside this. I might b wrong that an articulated one won’t do as well but that’s my impression so far.
the tracks will dig better for sure - usually not much digging in tree debris forwarding

deevo

If a guy is gonna spend around 39K, Do yourself and your clients lawn a favor, retire your plywood and alturnas, and give articulating a good look its a level above a monster mini skid.
talk to anybody that has run both - in most all cases the mini skid is sold or becomes a back up
I second that, my mini skid is a backup now to my Avant, guys don’t know what they are missing out on with these articulating loaders!