Gerasimek's Tree-mek

Discussion in 'Crane Use' started by Gerasimek, Aug 20, 2015.

1. KnuckleboomTrader

KnuckleboomTrader Member

Some pics of a PM 48026 w/ Mecanil SG220 on a Peterbilt cabover in New York state

Attached Files:

hseII likes this.
  2. Ben Heller

Ben Heller Member

Anybody with a grapplesaw on a boom, Tree-Mek get together Wednesday evening before Expo in Columbus at the Flatiron Bar and Diner. RSVP please to me. Starts at 5, closes at 10pm. Hope to see you there.

3. JD3000

JD3000 Well-Known Member

Flatiron is outstanding. Great food and whiskey selection!

4. Ben Heller

Ben Heller Member

Well that is very good to hear! You in Columbus area?

5. KnuckleboomTrader

KnuckleboomTrader Member

6. Jerad Oren

Jerad Oren Member

In less than 8 years 50% of tree work will be done with these machines. Brace yourselves as we are about to go through an awkward molting phase over the next few years. Many changes will take place much for the good and some not so good. These machines will change the way all things are done, as Keith at Palfleet Tiffin said " you are doing industrial tree work in an urban setting".
    Three questions you will want to ask your builder, 1: What happens after the sale and I have breakdown? 2: What parts do you have in stock for my machine model number? 3: Do you have techs that will come and fix my machine if needed?

These three things have made the difference for us. I don't care about saving $20k when I am out of work for even 2 days let alone 3 months. Understand how these things work, if you have a relationship then they go out of their way to help you. They may even pull a part off a new machine and overnight it to you if they don't have it in parts. While the guys having these problems are not yet speaking socially about, it its happening. Uptime is everything as the future of tree work is about to get even more competitive.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Gerasimek and DOOLEY like this.
  7. pctree

pctree Well-Known Member

8 years 50%. ??

I call BS on that claim. Most tree work is done by very poor workers who I really don't see ponying up $400k

8. Jerad Oren

Jerad Oren Member

I hope it is a BS claim too.

9. Steve Connally

Steve Connally Well-Known Member

In 3 months 80% of my tree work will be done with one. Hell yeah. (Sorry)

10. pctree

pctree Well-Known Member

I was riding my MTB tonight (as I do to decompress) and I had a horrible thought Jerad and maybe this is where your head is already at..... What if some motherfucker does the math and realizes the ROI rate of TreeMecs and buys thousands of these things and drives costs so low to put us under so he has a monopoly on our industry....

Sleep well tree people...

11. allmark

allmark Well-Known Member

I don't think 50% of tree work will be done with these machines. Yes, Certain companies will use these to do the majority of their work with them. There are many more companies out there that focus on more care of the trees than the removals. It is an excellent tool and has its place in the tree industry. To say it is a game changer is marketing in my opinion. It is no different than the rope wrench, GRCS, Blakes hitch, VT, Ergovation, Treemotion, Kbooms and many other tools that have been developed. They will save many injuries both chronic and acute in the industry, but if not used correctly can hurt the industry just as easily. Every tool has a good and proper application.
    There are many companies that have a different business plan the kboom and grapple saw or kboom alone don't perform better for them than a stick crane. It is important to realize this as we move forward as an industry.

flyingsquirrel25 likes this.
  12. Jerad Oren

Jerad Oren Member

I can see your perspective on that but it is not coming from owning one (treemek). Of course not all tree work will be done with them, I should have been more specific. Why would I come up with this figure and have no evidence? Because pctree is going in the right thought direction, these machines are versatile, nimble and very efficient. We use ours to trim with as well (finish cuts by hand) when the situation calls for it. The reason I know it will be this way is because money will lead it there. No evidence needed as it is a universally known fact. I don't think it can be stopped or managed but just accepted. We will gain much but will lose some too. You can pm on my private thoughts on some matters but here is not the place.

DOOLEY likes this.