Gerasimek's Tree-mek

Why doesn't anyone talk much about the Altec units? The prices are high due to using only new trucks but they are pretty nice machines.
I don't think it's the price so much as the lack of ability when compared with a tree-mek. The Altec literally falls short. I'm not saying they aren't nice. You may buy one and love it. It may suit your needs perfectly but, like you, I haven't heard much of anything from anyone that has bought one. Everyone with a tree-mek tends to rave about it (me included). Word of mouth, as we all know, is the best advertising.

Have they sold one? Way too small of a unit from what i've seen to even bother writing the check for...
They seem to have been selling a ton of them so far. I believe they have only been in production for 6-7 months. I agree the 60' is small for a lot of trees. They do have other sizes available and more in development. I heard there is a 120' in the plans before too long.

So what is the current number for the next one Glenn? Mine is on a slow boat from Austria. Wonder what number i'll get.
I lost count a long time ago. I was thinking we'd have a club or something but it's just spreading too fast for me to keep track of. Some guys call me to talk or come out to see mine but there's many that go directly to Tiffin that I never hear about.
I'm glad guys are building them. It's a life altering thing for a tree guy.
Don't worry about the wait. It'll be well worth it. And congrats on getting one built. You'll love it.
Maybe we'll do a group picture at the TCI Expo this year!

Steve Connally

I lost count a long time ago. I was thinking we'd have a club or something but it's just spreading too fast for me to keep track of. Some guys call me to talk or come out to see mine but there's many that go directly to Tiffin that I never hear about.
I'm glad guys are building them. It's a life altering thing for a tree guy.
Don't worry about the wait. It'll be well worth it. And congrats on getting one built. You'll love it.
Maybe we'll do a group picture at the TCI Expo this year!
I really wanted a number on mine. LOL