Gerasimek's Tree-mek

Hey Bo can i ask why you chose the 40002 crane and now you are going to the 63002?
Actually I began interest in these cranes about 3 years ago but didn't have the money or was not sold on the concept yet till I saw Glenn's video and I decided to go visit him and fell in love with the concept, safety level and a smaller crew and most importantly not having to rely on an expensive climber. But I wanted the 80 series at that time which I couldn't afford. I toyed with the idea for a while and decided that I would get a 63 if I get one but that meant waiting an extra year or two or so to have the money since I was going to pay cash as I did for the 40002. Now in May of 2017 I do have some extra cash and also a real estate investing opportunity that I can make a good chunk of cash in a flip situation that would make most of the $190k price difference between the two units since I am going to a new truck with an Automatic trans. . When I bought the 40002 I thought I would get used to manual, but it is not happening. Therefore now, I have to have a an additional driver on the team that defeats the purpose of a smaller crew. Plus, the only guy who I trust to drive this crane is a retired sanitation employee of the city of Atlanta who is 60+ years old with a bad knee. Since this will be my first and last crane and this is what I intend to retire with, I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade. Now, here I have one of the best deals of the year for someone who is serious about a 40002.

Last edited:

Steve Connally

I'm working on securing financing for a 50. I'm not looking for smaller or the cab over. I was curious. Financing has been difficult because it's a starter biz for me. I'm starting to feel like it's not gonna work out.

I'm working on securing financing for a 50. I'm not looking for smaller or the cab over. I was curious. Financing has been difficult because it's a starter biz for me. I'm starting to feel like it's not gonna work out.
Steve, I did look at 50 but I wasn't too crazy about the configuration and the reach wasn't that much more. As far as the difference between the two. The most important thing is the 50% more lifting capacity when not using the Mecanil and secondly the 10 feet extra reach. I definitely recommend the rear mounted for up to 40 ton but passed 40 there will be too much weight on the rear axles. With the rear mount, you get full reach without taking a chance of dropping dead stuff on the cab.
As far as full reach lifting capacity they all pick up the same. The manual pull out sets the same limit for even the 200 ton.
If you are going to go bigger than 40 i would go to 60 or 80. The 50 is the nomansville. Do look atvtge chart and the configuration of the 50 carefully. I don't remember it exactly but it is real wierd.

That is a nice one. I can't believe you found a truck that year with so few miles. Like a needle in a haystack! I can't imagine you'll have any trouble at all selling it.