Footlocking practice

Been praticing footlock for some time now. Got my 15m time now down to about 27 sec. But one thing keeps bothering me. When i footlock i tend to spin around the rope. Give me tips how to avoid it. In a comp that wouldnt be nice at all, cause the belayrope could get in my way. Ill add a older video from winter, wher its to see what i think when i say "spin around".

Andrus

macswan

Nice lock

I have been going out weekly to get ready for my regional comp later this month too. I notice myself spin regularly, similarly, very slow. I feel like it must have happened to me during comps in the past, but don't remember. I do know I have never gotten tangled in the belay line. Don't know how to stop it. We will just have to get up the rope faster so the spin doesn't catch us.:D

Nice lock

I have been going out weekly to get ready for my regional comp later this month too. I notice myself spin regularly, similarly, very slow. I feel like it must have happened to me during comps in the past, but don't remember. I do know I have never gotten tangled in the belay line. Don't know how to stop it. We will just have to get up the rope faster so the spin doesn't catch us.:D

I guess i have to agree with you. Havent seen, the pro-s spin much.