Footlock

Hello, this will be my first post here!
I was wondering what are the specs for footlock prusik in competitions. 6 mm sounds quite narrow to me and I remember using 8 or 10 mm Teufelberger Ocean Polyester Loop in Finnish champpionship tree climbing competition. The 10 mm has more EAN and ANSI standards in it. I think the guy who checked our gear told that the prusik must be elastic to prevent injuries if a fall occurs but I couldn't find any mention about it in the rules and wonder if it really is so? If someone here knows better he could enlighten what are the EAN codes or specs required for footlock prusik in competitions and maybe mention few possible products to meet the requirements.

Crazy_Jimmy

Hello, this will be my first post here!
I was wondering what are the specs for footlock prusik in competitions. 6 mm sounds quite narrow to me and I remember using 8 or 10 mm Teufelberger Ocean Polyester Loop in Finnish champpionship tree climbing competition. The 10 mm has more EAN and ANSI standards in it. I think the guy who checked our gear told that the prusik must be elastic to prevent injuries if a fall occurs but I couldn't find any mention about it in the rules and wonder if it really is so? If someone here knows better he could enlighten what are the EAN codes or specs required for footlock prusik in competitions and maybe mention few possible products to meet the requirements.
8-10 is what we always used and at comps you have a dorsal attachment some it does not need to be dynamic (stretchy)