Finally joined the crane gang..

craneguy1

View attachment 46706 plus when your loaded with bigger wood the commercial cops will give you a ticket for open load!
There is a little known "book", more like a pamphlet, that dot has that explains a bit more on legaling hauling loads that the "commercial cops" are looking to ticket wierd load haulers like us at. Biggest thing with logs is the binders have to be touching the entire load...although not always possible.

There is a little known "book", more like a pamphlet, that dot has that explains a bit more on legaling hauling loads that the "commercial cops" are looking to ticket wierd load haulers like us at. Biggest thing with logs is the binders have to be touching the entire load...although not always possible.
There's a commercial cop in a particular city that i try to avoid.. He pulls u over if you don't have mud flaps on your chipper

craneguy1

There are measurements for that sort of thing pertaining to vehicles...i would argue the fender height to rear of the unit...the same as vehicles...equipment is made to meet or exceed federal standards.

ROYCE

Not a Kboom.....but a step up for us. Brand new national 1300a on a peterbuilt. Been a TON of fun to swing pieces around with this. Small foot print, 110 feet of live boom. 1500lb counterweight makes a HUGE difference.

Bought it...letteted it up....and then got a micro burst in our working area. Talk about immediate reassurance that I made the right decision.

Attachments

dbl612

Not a Kboom.....but a step up for us. Brand new national 1300a on a peterbuilt. Been a TON of fun to swing pieces around with this. Small foot print, 110 feet of live boom. 1500lb counterweight makes a HUGE difference.

Bought it...letteted it up....and then got a micro burst in our working area. Talk about immediate reassurance that I made the right decision.
very nice 13110 national. great choice

I'm going to be dropping my truck there this week. Their going to see if they can get the Mecanil and hydraulics on there. My cranes a Effer so we're not sure they can do it... It will be for sale soon if they can't..