Fids & Fiber by the Fireside - Splicing Workshop

JeffL

If I came up a day or two before, anyone got any buzzies to help me fund this and maybe some new gear purchases? ;-)

ROYCE

SO, I tried to call twice now. Each time it goes to voicemail and i have yet to get a call back. Does that mean that this is all filled up? I will try one more time, then calling it quits. I'll just attend the one at UMASS in March!!

JeffL

When I called to register I left a message during the day but called back in the evening after not hearing back. Maybe try that?

What's going on at umass?

chris_girard

[ QUOTE ]
i have a pretty luxurious bob house just a few towns over with pretty cheap rent...only two bunks and a cot though

[/ QUOTE ]

Tyler, that's a nice looking bob house. Looks really well built and warm too I bet.

livefreeordie

Re: Fids & Fiber by the Fireside - Splicing Workshop

all signed up, im pretty excited to start splicing double braids. and thanks chris the bob house is pretty comfy ive had sixteen people in there at once without it being terribly uncomfortable....not alot of fishing was getting done though

chris_girard

I was out on the Big Lake for derby weekend today. Pretty cold this morning.

Glad you're all signed up Tyler. See you there.

JeffL

Just got a call, cancelled!! Booooo!

Guess Pennsylvania it is!

livefreeordie

i just got off the phone with mark and the class is not officially cancelled, mark and melissa are currently trying to work things out and will be contacting everyone as soon as they know what is going on.

JeffL

Another presenter possibly? Was pretty bummed to hear that Voicemail. :-(

livefreeordie

check this thread later this evening i believe mark is working on clearing things up this evening

markprz

Let nothing deter you from the SPLICE! :)

I would like to apologize for the confusion regarding our splicing get-together.....To clarify.....

Fids & Fibres by the Fireside IS ON!

Our schedule remains unchanged....
Folks will be arriving Thurs (24th) evening... and staying thru Sunday 27th.
Splicing class on Friday 25th and Sat 26th. I will post an agenda for Friday and Saturday.

Regrettably, Octavious has run into a scheduling snag on his end. So, we're going to be calling on the splicing skills and talents of the more experienced splicers in the group. Turns out we have some dedicated and enthusiastic splicers with a fair amount of experience.

We will cover these areas and more:
3-strand, 12-strand, 16-strand, double-braid.
Lanyards, rope tools, hitchcord, climbing lines and rigging ropes.
We will also be showing tricks for splicing throwline and making friction saver retriever tools. We will devote time to making your own wire fids, (tiny, small, med, and large). With practical tips on what tools to get for your splicing toolbox.
I'll post the agenda tomorrow... with more details.

To sign up for this year's "Fids & Fibres", Contact me.
markprz@gsinet.net or 603.529.0874
Class is limited to the first 12 participants...
We have 8 confirmed attendees..... So sign up NOW!

Can't wait to see you all and learn something from EVERYONE!

Yours in Trees,
Mark

Attachments

chris_girard

Re: Let nothing deter you from the SPLICE! :)

You guys, I promise are going to have a great time and learn a whole bunch of new tricks.

I will be teaching the 3-strand eye splice and back splice as well as assisting in the teaching of the double braid eye splice.

Some people say, why do we want to know how to splice 3-strand, no one uses it anymore? Well, there are a ton of good uses for it still. Not only is it THE CLASSIC splice, but you can use it for many rigging and climbing applications.....which I will show you.

Can't wait to see everyone next week!

markprz

Fids and Fiber - Class Agenda

Hey all,
Just finished the agenda for class... Hopefully there's enough detail to help with your decision to attend! :)

If you have any other questions or concerns, either post'em here, call or email me...

Thanks and best regards,
Yours in trees,
Mark

Attachments

chris_girard

Re: Fids and Fiber - Class Agenda

Thanks for taking the time and posting the agenda Mark.

Gonna be a lot of fun!

chris_girard

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your assis-tance Chris!

[/ QUOTE ]

My pleasure, it'll be a blast.

matdand

Hey guys I just got my arborist certification and this will be the first time I claim CEUs. How does this work. Do I have to send them something before I go to the workshop? Do I need to bring something with me to the workshop? Just wondering how the process works.

Cheers,
Matt