Fids & Fiber by the Fireside - Splicing Workshop

treebeach

The Rope Factory & Renaissance Acres is teaming up to bring you another
Splicing Workshop: Fids and Fibers by the Fireside.

Date: February 25-27, 2011
Location: Renaissance Acres Tree Care, Weare, NH (Lodging available)
Social: Thursday Evening Feb 24th
Class Time: Friday & Saturday 8-4, Sunday 8-12
Cost: $200

Full Agenda will be posted shortly.
To register call Octavious Benton directly at 336-210-1535.

TimberJack

Well that throws a wrench into the works I was looking forward to the one John was putting on in Pa. But, NH is my old stomping grounds and Marks a hell of a good guy. How is this going to stack up against Johns symposium.

JeffL

For cost and travel reasons, im positive ill be signing up for this! Plus i've got a buddies house close by I can crash at.

ROYCE

Yup!!! That changes things for me too. Plus, the idea of traveling with Jeff to Penn. was kinda a frightening idea!!!! J/K man it could have been a blast.
This actually works way better for me. Cheaper, closer, and sooner.
Again my offer still stands, however now, if anyone needs a ride from Mass to NH, let me know!!!

chris_girard

I went to the first one here a couple of years back and I can't begin to tell you guys how much I learned from Octavious Benton. The man is awesome and Mark is such a great guy and host.

You guys will have a blast, I promise!

Hey Mark, do you think that we can get Octavious in a saddle and up in a tree this time?

markprz

Chris....
I already offered/threatened Octavious with a harness and a tree........ He said that if I learned how to splice 3 strand he'd go up in a tree with me.....

Now, if you remember my frustration with the easiest to splice, most old-school 3-strand......... suffice to say that I'm not giving up this time!

So the trick will be to hold him to his promise! :)

I'm hard at work gathering tables and more lamps....
Stocking the fridge with goodies and beverages....
Folks are welcome to crash here... Call me if you want more info on lodging, eats or anything! (603.529.0874)

Can't wait to have you all here!

Yours in trees,
Mark

PS... Jada will be here too! (she's holding her breath!)

Attachments

PUClimber

I'm kicking around making the trip out. Octavius and hanging with the famous Mark P. once again. I might have to journey out that way if you east coast guys ever get out from under all that snow.

markprz

Ty, don't be afraid of a little snow....remember, the cold and snow keeps the summertime pest populations in check!
I'm savin' you a spot bro.....

chris_girard

Mark, 3 strand is my speciaty. We'll get you there without any problems this time don't worry.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone as well.

JeffL

Guess I was the first to call and actually register, see you fellas there! Ill be air mattressing it at Marks to boot! Thanks man!

JeffL

Manchester, nh. Probably less than an hour from weare. Id even bet someone could get you at the airport!

JeffL

This'll be great, talked to several buzzers attending the splice class at NE grows today, really looking forward to it!

PUClimber

Looks like flights aren't too bad money. around $250 round trip. If there is room at Casa de Mark P. I might be one step closer to making the trip.

markprz

Plenty of room for everyone!
A little short on furniture however...
So bring a crash pad and a sleeping bag...
Weare, NH now boasts 2 places to get dinner!
One for pizza/subs and another for homestyle meals.