Fetish

rborist1

[ QUOTE ]
Jabbs, who modded your saws and where's the mpegs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been on holidays. Just got back and have to go through 100's of posts, don't you guys work...............I'll get to it!

Attachments

sawmeister

Just talking to a faller here in Campbell River this morning. He bought a Simonized 385XP on Friday and has put his Walkerized 395 on consignment today. I will post some pics tonight or tomorrow of mine.

Leif

No one ever gave a good answer to why modding is hard on a saw. I would think that if modding only meant things like crank balancing, and making sure that the ports are as smooth as possible, engine life and efficiency could only go up? If that were all that were done you're not changing the enginearing, you're removing mass production defects, right? I'm sure that theres more to it than that though. Anybody? /forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif

sawmeister

It is changing the characteristics of the engine entirely, like installing a different camshaft in a 350 GM V8. Port-timing is substancialy altered to produce specific torque and horsepower requirements. Polishing is the last step after exacting dimensions are achieved regarding exhaust and intake time-area parameters. These specifics are best left to engineers.

jimmyq

just browsed through this thread.. So Mark, you want me to take 1/2 hour drive to the ferry terminal, an hour and a half ferry ride then about a four hour drive on the island to pick up a modded saw for you ? HAHAHA you pay for it, I will pick it up and "take care of it" till you swing by my place to pick it up, deal? :)

rborist1

4 hour island drive..................? Walkers is on this side of the island not by Port Hardy! Besides, there are much better builders out there.

jimmyq

I thought Mark was talking about Campbell river. thats about 4 hours isnt it? I havent been there so I could be off. mea culpa.

sawmeister

[ QUOTE ]
Watered down 660.

[/ QUOTE ]Just got dyno results from Simonized 385. Torque @11000 rpm is increased by 43%. This explains why I can bury a 36" bar in hemlock with .404 chain.

sawmeister

Anyone interested in an awesome 385 xp or xpg, let me know. More torque and HP than an MS 660 or 395 and runs cooler.