fert suggestions needed for oak

thattreeguy

My family has a place in Henderson Nevada, recently built. The trees in question are cork oaks. They were planted in 36" boxes, and have been in the ground about 18 months. The soil is so hard..it is like base rock..the holes were dug via jackhammer.Soon after planting a severe windstorm came along and the landscaper thinned the trees approx. 60 to 70 percent. It saved the trees but has obviously stressed them. Here 6 months after the pruning the trees are barely showing any signs of new growth. They are for the most part green, with slightly burnt edges of the leaves.

Any suggestions of what to feed these trees? I dont know any arborists in that area who can deep root feed for me. I thought about having my dad use a ross root feeder with the lower nitrogen formula, mainly for encouraging root growth .The landscaper suggested pounding in fertilizer stakes, but i thought deep root feeding would be a better option..
Any thoughts out there or does anyone know an ipm guy in vegas?

Thank you buzzsters

sarumono

Try a plant grouth reguator. It works well for parking lot trees and should help in your situatuin. I know a man in St. George UT. that might be able to help. PM me and i'll get you his ino.

sarumono

Try a plant grouth reguator. It works well for parking lot trees and should help in your situatuin. I know a man in St. George UT. that might be able to help. PM me and i'll get you his info.