Feedback Please

Toomuchsawdust

We use Steve a lot at my company. We're small (2 guys) but with the right equipment. This mek absolutely crushes big and hazardous removals that I wouldn't have the manpower for otherwise. I've had 4 and 5 crew members before and absolutely hated it. Employees suck. We show up with the two of us and can easily bang out $4-5k days. We literally stand at the chipper with the mini and saws. I jump on the hook for the mill wood. If you do have a big crew and are backed up, send this thing out with 2 guys and send the rest to do another job.

I understand that people are unsure and afraid of new and efficient technology. People thought the internet was dumb too. Until you've worked with a mek, you really can't have an informed opinion on it either way.

Yeah, the picks are smaller at around 1k lbs but the turn around time is nutty. A good operator can easily bury a chip crew. You can burn out 4 or 5 pieces before a climber can set a sling and make a cut. Of course you're not going to do the gangster pics like a big stick crane, but you still have a massive reduction in labor costs and headaches. I love a stick crane don't get me wrong, but anything I don't have to climb is less exposure and manpower better spent elsewhere.

I have no desire to argue with anyone who doesn't have the experience with it. That's like a DDRT guy running his mouth about SRT systems he's never even seen in person. It's dumb.

Anyway, great video Steve. See you Wednesday morning!

Steve Connally

What and then you are going to take a vacation??
Hopefully fuel stations will be up by then. I fuel where the city fuels so they are gonna want to get the emergency vehicles back into normal fueling pretty quickly. If I didn't rent my space I think i'd get a 500gal above ground tank but I rent so.........

Steve Connally

We use Steve a lot at my company. We're small (2 guys) but with the right equipment. This mek absolutely crushes big and hazardous removals that I wouldn't have the manpower for otherwise. I've had 4 and 5 crew members before and absolutely hated it. Employees suck. We show up with the two of us and can easily bang out $4-5k days. We literally stand at the chipper with the mini and saws. I jump on the hook for the mill wood. If you do have a big crew and are backed up, send this thing out with 2 guys and send the rest to do another job.

I understand that people are unsure and afraid of new and efficient technology. People thought the internet was dumb too. Until you've worked with a mek, you really can't have an informed opinion on it either way.

Yeah, the picks are smaller at around 1k lbs but the turn around time is nutty. A good operator can easily bury a chip crew. You can burn out 4 or 5 pieces before a climber can set a sling and make a cut. Of course you're not going to do the gangster pics like a big stick crane, but you still have a massive reduction in labor costs and headaches. I love a stick crane don't get me wrong, but anything I don't have to climb is less exposure and manpower better spent elsewhere.

I have no desire to argue with anyone who doesn't have the experience with it. That's like a DDRT guy running his mouth about SRT systems he's never even seen in person. It's dumb.

Anyway, great video Steve. See you Wednesday morning!
Thanks Brendon. Today was another job you couldn't have done with a stick. Wrong set up for it. Nice to be able to lay the boom flat and have a 94' radius. Picks weren't little either. I appreciate your biz, enjoy working with you guys and like the feedback.