ETCC

Rupe

Are there any Danish Tree Buzz members who can help me out with some info for the ETTC. Where abouts is it being held in Copenhagen and can you recomend any reasonably priced hotels nearby?

I'm just starting to look at travel plans for this year and flights are available cheap from easy jet direct to copenhagen from Stanstead if anyone is interested in going from the UK. Flights from other airports would need to go via Berlin but are still cheap as chips.

I've also made brief enquiries into flights to Nashville for ITCC. Flights are available with stops in Washington and variouse other places. Perhaps a fly then drive would be fun, any suggestions as to an enjoyable route from any major hub airport to Nashville? Washington looks like a long way, Atlanta looks easier. Any suggestions?

didjon

Hi Rupe, You can get Info at the ETCC website....
I think Lars or Targas number is there and an E-mail address
I will maybe see you there AHHH Cheap beer.....

Didj
http://www.etcc2005.dk/

/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rupe

Thanks for that. Not much info up yet. Could someone translate the middle bit? Its the location I'm after so we can sort hotels etc.

Is the beer cheap there? I was imagining it would be like norway or sweden prices.

Mangoes

Rupe

I'll be driving from Toronto to Nashville, you could stop in TO but my drive would be twice as long as your flight.

Rupe

I had to go and check the Atlas! Thats quite a drive. How long are you hoping? 2or 3 days?

Its not as far as I thought though, your not far from the border in TO?

One of my flight options to nashville was Air Canada, via TO. The TO - Nashville leg of the journey was just a couple of hours.

I'm still thinking that Washington might be my best stop, and drive from there. I can do washington direct from London, I think its the closest I can get to nashville withought a stop somewhere. No point hangin around in airports when you can be driving through somewhere new. I haven't got a great map of the US so if anyone can give me an approx distance/time for this trip I'd be gratefull. Whats the speed limit there?

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Expedia says Washington to Nashville is an 11 hour drive.
Try this link

You couldn't fly direct to Atlanta? That's a lot closer. So is Charlotte NC, and Louisville KY.

Speedlimits vary from 55 MPH- 70 MPH on the highways.

Rupe

I looked at going to Atlanta. I couldn't find a direct flight. 11 hr drive sounds ok. I'd want to see some countryside while I'm there.

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
The Smokey Mountains and Blue Ridge Mountains are nice to look at around there.

I'd stay a day in D.C. if I were you. You know, tour the capitla building, white house, memorials, museums. The Smithsonian is a great thing to see.