Epic VA Treemek Build

Steve Connally

Well, the website is up. Already had 2 jobs i've had to turn down. Contracts and hold harmless are in transit from the printer. I have all the ancillary tools and gear I need. NCCCO testing in December. Best news of all, the build on my truck starts in about 2 weeks. Hopefully there will be a bunch of pics from Westminster. It's about to be a reality!

RoyalTree

Yeah your fee schedule surprised me a bit. Seems to be priced very aggressively.

Do you need to stay busy at all times to make enough money at these prices? Are you leaving enough money for those “ohh crap” days?

I would use you all day at those prices.

Steve Connally

Not really. The note is 4k a month plus insurance. I'm trying to break into a market that has no idea about the concept. This is completely foreign to almost everyone i've talked to. The saw on the crane is only part of it. Even just using a K boom as a crane is new age stuff. Totally a stick crane market and the mentality of taking huge pics for less money is so ingrained in the tree community here that I need to stay competitive with the local crane companies who rent 30t cranes at $125 an hour. I'm thinking i'll give it time then reevaluate the market and the prices. I used @sjtreeguy as a model when I set the prices. His market is more expensive than mine and out fees are close. As of rite now most guys have little faith in this units ability to be effective. They can't see the savings of fewer ground help on the job or me doing a job for them alone when they are making money someplace else. I really think it's gonna blow up if I sell it correctly and aggressively. I appreciate the comments on the prices from you guys. My goal for the first 6 months is to stay out of the red. Second 6 months is to bank 4 months worth of expenses. After that profit and paying off my financial draw from stocks. I do feel encouraged that I have turned down 2 jobs based on work of mouth and the website.

islandedge

Point being i don't need, experienced ground guys running ropes or an expensive climber. Just a basic helper or 2 that understands the safety operations of a chipper and how to rake/cleanup a yard.. Its saved me lots of money. More money in my pocket at the end of the week.

SuperK

Steve what model palfinger did you go with? Whats the max height and capacity?

Excited for you!

Steve Connally

Sorry for the late response. I drove 13 hours round trip yesterday to take a 15 minute NCCCO practical test. Crazy it is all on the website www.craneva.com you can find engineering drawing and load charts of you want. Basically its a 50 with a 125 jib. 1550@112' vert and 1440 @94' horizontal. Max jib 9300 and boom 22600