Enforcing diseased tree removals

Bugs

I was wondering if anyone has a contract that private citizens must sign in order for a municipality to have diseased trees taken down and later assessed on their taxes. The situation I have encountered is that the citizen wants to comply with our shade tree disease ordinance yet they can't afford it immediately. The citizen called right away upon the receipt of the notice and I have had problems getting the city's approval to contract the tree out. The last response I got from finance was to check around and see if other municipalities have a contract or a form the homeowner can sign to ensure no appeals when the tax assessment comes. Any help on this would be great. Thanks
-Chris

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
The Minneapolis Park and Rec Board oversees the trees. When a tree needs to come down the Forestry Division handles all of the paperwork to get the costs assessed on the property taxes. It's no different than paying for any other special assessment like curbing or street repair.

Bugs

Thanks for the feedback, that is exactly what I said to my superintendant but he insisted I look around for a form. This is the only diseased tree that has not been removed and I can not get the go ahead to contract it out. I think I am just getting the run around. The lady who runs the finance department won't return my emails or answer my phone calls. But I was also told that I have to wait to get approval before anything is contracted out. Thanks for confirming this for me.
-Chris