Echo top handle saw

Treetopflyer

The "hands" effectively saying there should be 2 not 1 on the top saw or the fact that you spelled "their" wrong. Lol
Fast fingers save time, not, right! Didn't want any one hand too hand jabs ,but its two much fun in this crowd. All for a smile!
Subconscious ly to Free
the mind to rationalize the consequences for each application in space and time. Able to predict the future. For the record while we're starting to loosen up on the dance floor. I don't one hand without at least two climbing lines and usually at least one buckstrap on any given occasion.;)If the plane of the flying chain is in no intersection near the dissection with me or my gear in the clear haha ...I'll stop before I get to0 far out. But Ive acuired a serious addiction for light wieght powerhouses with surgical ability. I use my Ms 150 all the way down to 12 inch or thereabouts wood on removals due to fact I'm not making that many cuts with it generally rigging and taking larger pieces. Just looking to keep the saddle light wieght until I need a larger saw. But it's the reductions I do where I'm going out to tips to make smaller higher frequency of cuts I feel like most saws are over powered and over weight for this type of under utilized application. Maybe you see where I'm going with this all over post. To sum it up I'm happy echo came out with this saw I'm asking about in O.P. not sure if it was before or after stihls 150 . I'd really like to see more ,smaller ,lighter saws come out . I feel like the technology should be there. Thanks for taking the time to look at this roller coaster poster !

96coal449

It's a nice saw. Good power to weight, and it's a powerful lightweight saw for it's class. I don't have one personally but my partner does. Excellent balance in the hand.
That all said I have one negative opinion. I hate the tiny little fill caps for gas and oil. PITA
The fill holes have raised spouts with tiny openings about the size of a nickle. It does help keep saw dust out of the tanks though ....
Hope this helps with your saw quest.

Treespotter

It's a nice saw. Good power to weight, and it's a powerful lightweight saw for it's class. I don't have one personally but my partner does. Excellent balance in the hand.
That all said I have one negative opinion. I hate the tiny little fill caps for gas and oil. PITA
The fill holes have raised spouts with tiny openings about the size of a nickle. It does help keep saw dust out of the tanks though ....
Hope this helps with your saw quest.
What saw are you talking about Craig?
On the 2511 both fill holes are very wide openings. Older Echo models have the really awkward tiny openings.

96coal449

Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with Echo's models. My partner bought Echo's latest top handled saw about 2yrs ago.
Not sure of the model number. Maybe it's an older model that they have improved on? I'll look at his saw next time I work with him and post back.

Treespotter

The saw you probably are referring to is the Echo CS355tes (US, same model different name in the rest of the world). That's probably the last Echo model you'll see with those tiny holes.
After that Echo put the little CS2511tes on the market with better openings.

Wolter

colb

I have an echo cs271t. Great little bugger for the canopy, then usually switch to ms661 with 20" sugi bar for the rest. I'm not going to lie, the echo feels a little cheap. Also, I'm not going to lie, the echo has performed above expectation for the year I've had it. The biggest knocks are that the bars bend easily, and the saw should come with a quarter tip and pico chain. I carry an extra bar now.

I've been hoping for more open source user support in getting it modded, but at the end of the day I run stock and it cuts the wood fine in almost all circumstances. I was popping a large top the other day with the ms661, thinking that I would not want to be doing that with the echo, but I don't think I'd want to do it with anything less than an ms201t. For reduction pruning, and most climbing removals, it's great.

I really look forward to a small quarter tip, pico chain battery-powered top-handle saw, covered in solar panels. Whoever makes it first, I'm super ready for it.

climbingmonkey24

Currently running an Echo CS 271t for my climbing saw. Less power than the 355 but it will still cut bigger pieces no problem. It's supposed to be the lightest saw available is what I read. I've got no complaints.

colb

Saw one of these at the local saw shop last week. Holy crap are they tiny and light! Have yet to run one though
You can't go wrong. Echo has discount days. I picked up my cs271t for $240. It's been my primary canopy saw for a year now.

TimBr

Saw one of these at the local saw shop last week. Holy crap are they tiny and light! Have yet to run one though
Sean, are you referring to the Echo CS-271T, or something else? The newer Echo 2511tes that @Treespotter posted a photo of above is even smaller and lighter than the CS271t, and also lighter than the Stihl MS-150T, I think.

Tim

P.S. Here's a link to Echo's USA chainsaw page. The new 2511t is the first one listed. No specs shown on this page, but it links to a video that my handheld computer has trouble playing.

https://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Chain-Saws

Last edited:

Treespotter

Sean, are you referring to the Echo CS-271T, or something else? The newer Echo 2511tes that @Treespotter posted a photo of above is even smaller and lighter than the CS271t, and also lighter than the Stihl MS-150T, I think.

Tim

P.S. Here's a link to Echo's USA chainsaw page. The new 2511t is the first one listed. No specs shown on this page, but it links to a video that my handheld computer has trouble playing.

https://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Chain-Saws
This little Echo CS-2511TES has a 25 cc engine, weighs 2.3 kilograms and produces a whopping 1.1 kW.
Just for comparison the Stihl MS150 weighs 2.6 kilograms and produces 1 kW.

Wolter

TimBr

@Treespotter; Great post. Thanks for the specifications and the comparison, plus the photo you posted earlier.

So, assuming that is your saw, how are you liking it so far? Thanks in advance for any answers you choose to give.

Tim