Echo Cs 355t possible oiler issue

Mowerr

I just can't seem to find the sweet spot with the oiler adjustment. I got it with a 14" bar and soon went to a 16"bar and felt I had to turn up the oil a bit because it seemed like the chain was dry. After some time it seemed like it was too much oil because of saw dust build up. Try to turn it down a little and the chain goes dry.
So I just went back to a 14" bar for other reasons as well as to see if I can find the sweet spot on the adjuster to keep the bar and chain oiled but not too much so that there's debris building up like this.
Now idc if my saw is a little dirty but the build up seems excessive and seems like it could cause future problems. For example I notice it builds up real bad in the chain brake.
If this is just something I'll figure out over time with slight adjustments then I'm fine but if you guys know a trick to finding this sweet spot I speak of or if you think I need to look further into something else or get it to a shop please lmk. I thank u for your time and any help.

Serf Life

Curious as to the build up. I run a 14" echo bar and have had no issues in the 6-7(?) yrs but it does get gunked up as you say. Does it build up in the bar to a point it doesn't oil, or just under the cover? I beat the piss outta mine, cut firewood, chop spruce brush, clean it sporadically, never changed the plug or any of the filters.

Serf Life

Can't think of how that would do long-term damage, but not a saw tech, just know that saw. I have noticed that the oiler screw on some echos seems to be very loosey-goosey so perhaps that was the issue with setting it to a higher amount if it creeps.

dsptech

Dial it to the point to where your fuel and oil run out around the same time.
There is a oil vent on the left side of the saw under the pull start cover.
If that gets clogged then your oil will be under pressure when warm and splurt out.
Hit that side with compressed air.

Mowerr

I can
Dial it to the point to where your fuel and oil run out around the same time.
There is a oil vent on the left side of the saw under the pull start cover.
If that gets clogged then your oil will be under pressure when warm and splurt out.
Hit that side with compressed air.
I can set it so it gets a lot of oil but it just seemed like too much. I will try this, thanks man