EAB--Does Drenching Work on Big Trees?

What's the biggest ash that can be effectively drenched? (pick the closest size)

• 10"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20"

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Drenching is less reliable--inject them all!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Any size can be managed by drenching.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Nish

The legal statement on a label typically reads: "It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling." In other contexts, I've always read "inconsistent with" as meaning "conflicting with" or "incompatible with". It seems to me that a given practice conflicts with a stated rule if and only if the rule specifically prohibits the practice or something entailed by the practice. You could use a pesticide in a manner that is neither specifically approved by the label nor specifically prohibited. In using the product in such a way, it seems to me that you would neither be legally protected nor condemned by the label. (If this space weren't intended, the legal statement could have easily stated that it is a "violation of Federal law to use this product in any manner not approved by its labeling.") Am I reading these things correctly?

Last edited:

JD3000

However, some generic acephate 97s had special needs labeling for soil injection. Try CDMS.net to see if any formulations still have it.