DYI injectables, the end is near

JD3000

Most well-known member
No. I also want to see neonics be made Restricted Use only. I would also like to see the Ohio pesticide applicator tests to be significantly more difficult.

Last edited:

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
This just popped up on my Facebook feed. I see over use, and improper use galore. Pretty soon folks will find these stuck in maples, and ash trees for DED

Discuss! Should the general public be allowed such chemical use?
I am torn about the general public being allowed to make major tree decisions at all.
Injections? That's fine with me. Let it be the new "leave the wood".
As long as they are willing to pay for an hour of consultation, I am good with it. Uninformed tree care of any kind is pretty offensive to anyone who knows better.

evo

I am torn about the general public being allowed to make major tree decisions at all.
Injections? That's fine with me. Let it be the new "leave the wood".
As long as they are willing to pay for an hour of consultation, I am good with it. Uninformed tree care of any kind is pretty offensive to anyone who knows better.
I think I agree and disagree.
How can you be torn about the general public's ability of making major tree related decisions, but be ok with their ability to juice trees? Drilling holes and injecting them with chemicals makes a much wider 'foot print' then topping or tree removal. Hell, I can make a semi valid argument to support topping in a larger context than individual tree health, doesn't mean I support topping in general though.

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
I don't do PHC chemical applications. I'd like to learn, but I have to have someone to keep the machine rolling before I dedicate a lot of time to it.

I said that so that there is no confusing me with an expert on the matter.
How large of a footprint is there really? I thought that the broadest appeal of injections vs foliar sprays or root drenches was that the amount of chemicals that go out into your local ecology was brought down to a virtually negligible amount.
I do think that proper guidance is just about mandatory if you're going to go doing anything to your trees, and paid consultation to get more people informed and working towards the ends that they want (as well as knowing exactly who to call when something is over their head) is a great option to push for the vast DIY market.
The injections should recommend that they get some professional guidance.
So should the antibiotics that I shouldn't have to go to a pharmacy to buy.