Do you tune this way?

GregManning

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tom, you are always entertaining !

When I see your posts, independent of the topic, I open them to check it out !

35+ years ago I was trying to save $, and bought a McCulloch; it was really a piece of junk.
I lent it to my brother.
He later thanked me.
He said "now I know NOT to buy one of those ! ! !"

Last edited:

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
One time I was having an intermittent problem with my printer. My brother had me do anumber of checks. None worked

Then he suggested that I give it a 'Short, Sharp Shock' with a firm slap. Huh?!?!( wait!!!

Jim said...you have to remember, they are electro"mechanical" devices that can use a mechanical adjustment sometimes

It didn't work
In that case

GregManning

Super Moderator
Staff member
After 3 years, I fixed the of the ALL McCulloch saw problems by putting it in the trash container.
It wasn't worth scratching a perfectly good hammer. ;-)

I bought an 044, which I still use today.

Last edited:

New2trees

I often use this method for recalcitrant mechanical devices. It’s especially good for getting bugs out of computers
Agreed, I have recovered numerous hard drives by opening the cover and just giving them a good smack to get the platters to spin or the arm to swing.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
My printer wasn't responding to the fixes I was trying. My brother told me to give it a gentle whack. I was surprised with that advice until he said,

After all...they are electro-MECHANICAL devices. Even with a few 'short, sharp, shocks' it didn't work