Decked

mattbever

Has anyone here used the Decked truck bed storage system?

Will saws fit in the drawers?

Are there better/comparable options?

Thanks!

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
That's a nice looking setup

I'm with you...dimensions and volume are deal breakers

There are plenty of really nice home made setups too. Depending on your fabrication abilities and time for completion this might not work.

Many years ago I had a roll out drawer in the back of my full size vans. It worked very well and I customized it to fit my work and camping needs too

Timber1972

I have found that if you get freeze thaw cycles the drawers end up frozen shut and almost impossible to open. Not fun!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

mattbever

Thanks for posting the link!

Frozen drawers would not be fun.

Im interested in buying this. @$1100.00 shipped, but it says 8.5" height inside drawer. I think my top handle saws will fit...and I could park a small mini skid up there @2000lbs.

I could deal with an imperfect looking fit as some reviews state, but it must function.

I dont really want a topper but I might do a roll up cover over it to keep the WI snow out.

mattbever

those drawers couldn't even house my pulleys and porta wraps, no good. better off going to home depot get 2 husky job box's on wheels water tight and can hold a lot
I currently run with a husky box and a couple medium size totes. Climbing gear stays warm and dry in the cab untill needed:)

Also considering bedslide or similar...

tc262

Im interested in buying this. @$1100.00 shipped, but it says 8.5" height inside drawer. I think my top handle saws will fit...and I could park a small mini skid up there @2000lbs.

I could deal with an imperfect looking fit as some reviews state, but it must function.

I dont really want a topper but I might do a roll up cover over it to keep the WI snow out.
Roll covers suck in the winter, I bought a truck with one of the high end ones on it and could never open or close it in the winter.
My suggestion, buy a cheap Tri fold

96coal449

^ x2 if your looking for dry pick-up bed storage. You can then make a plywood roll-out drawer or have a carpenter buddy help you. The drawer helps gain access with or without opening the cover. Good when working on rainy days especially.

hseII

Watch some of August H videos: the green F-100 is what your searching for.

I'm digging his setup.

I currently have my stuff in a Job Box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JeffGu

There's another drawback to the vinyl tonneau covers, the roll up ones... on a very windy day, on the highway, they can get ripped right off the truck. Mine did this twice. It survived the ordeal intact, and the first time I put it all back on there. The second time it happened, I said "screw this" and left it off. The rigid ones are a lot better.

I took all the toolboxes off of both trucks and built a trailer that holds my stuff. Lots easier to just drop the trailer and still have the trucks, with empty box, for other uses.
I really like the arrangement a lot better. It's another option, anyway.

bwhaler

tonneaucoversworld.com/diamondback-270-tonneau-cover-gs07-270cx.html?gclid=CjwKEAiAtefDBRDTnbDnvM735xISJABlvGOvAB1xieTZv1Ii0bBjZLb1B_T7xjRkSBF60j88_O6O7xoCl_jw_wcB

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Ben Heller

The Truxedo tonneau cover is pretty good. Going through the second Minneapolis winter with mine, and no complaints at all. The Deuce is more money, but you can open the front section without rolling up the whole thing.

bonner1040

TreeStuff will be offering the whole Bedslide line very soon. I think Bedslide with some locking watertight tool boxes or large job chests secured to the bed from the inside is a sweet setup. Also the 2000lb extended capacity means you can load wood on it while its extended and just keep sliding it in as you load it, all without sacrificing much bed height.

bonner1040

Lol. August already told me they were sweet. I might buy one for my truck but they aren't cheap!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk