Debris bags .

RANDY10

Looking to get some debris bags for use with our Avant . I like the idea of them for clean up with less equipment like, a bucket attachment. Anyone using them I could use some direction, where to buy and size ? Thanks

Z'sTrees

We picked up a bag from the masonry supply, the kind the sell tons of sand in. It doesn't go out much but it's great for rakings in a backyard, especially falling a dead conifer or something. Can fit about 4 trashcan loads of twigs and debris, then grab the handles with the mini.
It can be kind of a challenge to load it in the truck with our dingo, but something with a higher pin height it would be fine I think.
If you're just moving it to somewhere on site you can just set it down, push it over, pinch the bottom and empty it out without even stepping off the machine.

Barc Buster

Also check grain elevators if your in an agricultural area. They often have empty old grain bags that are about 36" square. Work real nice for debris clean up. I get them free from the local co-op

Jehinten

I have both a bagster and the Lowe’s bag that @Merle Nelson mentioned. I haven’t used them much but now that I have a mini and BMG I may try them out again. Also the Lowe’s bag fits nicely in an arbor trolley for debris pickup

climbhightree

It is jobs like this where the bagster really shines. We were easily 400' from the chip truck, across a drain field. I think we did 3-4 bagster loads, and maybe around 10 grapple drags of larger debris (one lead wasn't on the ground yet in the picture). Flopped crispy dead Ash tree. 20190228_115259.jpg

I also use it a lot on large properties with multiple trees to deadwood and clean up...beats making many multiple trips to the truck (a limb or two at a time)

Jimmycrackcorn

Ive used these a few times.. they deff make life easier...

Not for nothing but, I was just thinking about the cost of these things.. pretty cheap considering cost of other gear.. but why is it i can buy a this bag that will hold hundreds of pounds of sharp shitty debris, can get man handled by a freaking machine, have a custom false bottom, all for 30 bucks..!! Yet we're paying 40-50 for a bare bones rope bag that only holds 10-20lbs of rope & upwards of 200-300 bucks for anything fancier..?? If you look at it from a perspective of "a bags' a bag, how much will it store", you'll see where I'm coming from..

Barc Buster

Merle Nelson

I will check in at a local grain delivery company and with ranchers I come across. Have always heard of deposit costs associated with grain bags in my area.

Barc Buster

I will check in at a local grain delivery company and with ranchers I come across. Have always heard of deposit costs associated with grain bags in my area.
Interesting. First I've heard of a deposit cost on the bags. Can't be too much on a bag that retails for 15 bucks. May be some sort of system to keep them out of the landfill. Their "garbage" around these parts.

DTS

Monsta bag makes a heavy duty bag and the bottom opens up they are made to hold concrete so they are tuff.991803A8-D8D6-4036-878F-DF499C000138.png

Barc Buster

Wow! Grocery bags are reused to keep them out of landfills around these parts.
Agreed. It's the same here. Lots of peeps recycle/reuse grocery bags around here too. Just brainstorming why there would be a deposit on these grain bags out in your neck of the woods. The co-op guy called them garbage. I took a couple dozen off his hands. One man's trash is another man's treasure I guess.

dmonn

"Not for nothing but, I was just thinking about the cost of these things.. pretty cheap considering cost of other gear.. but why is it i can buy a this bag that will hold hundreds of pounds of sharp shitty debris, can get man handled by a freaking machine, have a custom false bottom, all for 30 bucks..!! Yet we're paying 40-50 for a bare bones rope bag that only holds 10-20lbs of rope & upwards of 200-300 bucks for anything fancier..?? If you look at it from a perspective of "a bags' a bag, how much will it store", you'll see where I'm coming from.. "

Part of the higher cost for Arb gear is the low volume of sales. I don't think TreeStuff sells anything by the 1,000s of items at a time. Efficiency of scale methinks.