Deanlandia

rico

Enjoying your latest round of vids Ben. You are a very talented tree-man who clearly loves what you do, and you ain't afraid to have some serious fun along the way. Keep em' coming!

Stihlmadd

you seem blessed to be working with such good groundies.. Even more so as a Subbie
Ohh Yah Evo I hear you on that subject - I don't always have that luxury but on that particular job the Ropeman was my ex bossman who knows his stuff inside out being a former climber himself.

Stihlmadd

Enjoying your latest round of vids Ben. You are a very talented tree-man who clearly loves what you do, and you ain't afraid to have some serious fun along the way. Keep em' coming!
Thankyou Rico, I really do enjoy a good old fashioned no nonsense Takedown with a good crew and the sun was shining with no wind to complicate the job.
Happy days...

colb

Enjoyed the video, Ben. Nothing like a good song to go with a little gratuitous chainsaw saluting and wood crackling.

Stihlmadd

Nice job, jealous of your weather, can't wait to be done with February.
What the name of bald bark tree?
thank you dsptech .
way I hear it you are copping winter pretty bad this year.
the tree was a Eucalyptus Sagalina - Sydney flood gum.

dsptech

Yeah we are in another snow storm today.
Haven't been able to get out to try out my Akimbo yet due to weather.
Seriously considering moving to Deanlandia.
You have some beautiful trees down there.

Last edited:

Scratch

I'm a rec climber so I don't know this... How is the end secured in this rigging technique? Is there a name for this type of rigging? Is that a bowline at the end?
3:20-3:30

Edit: forget it, I watched it again and paused it at the right time and now see it's a carabiner, not a bowline.

Last edited:

Stihlmadd

Double Marl terminated with a buntline on a steel 70kn rigging carabiner

if pushed for a name - it would loosely fall under negative rigging with block.

deez guns.jpg
thats the piece you are referring to correct?

Scratch

Double Marl terminated with a buntline on a steel 70kn rigging carabiner

if pushed for a name - it would loosely fall under negative rigging with block.

View attachment 57780
thats the piece you are referring to correct?
Yes, that's what I was referring to. I thought you had bowline tied at the end of the rigging line and was curious how you were attaching it so quickly to the rope on that last hitch.

I now see it wasn't a bowline but a carabiner.