Dan's vids.

TimBr

Nice video, @dttm. Thanks for posting. Still liking the Rope Runner so far? It looks like you're having some fun bombing down on it. I saw your other update video, and I'm glad things seem to be working out so well for you right now. It seems like you've fallen in with a good group of people who can keep a man with your talent busy for a good long time. Best wishes.

Tim

Last edited:

TimBr

@dttm; Dan, I think this video, "The Rest of a Tulip Poplar", is my favorite video of yours that I've ever seen so far. I loved the high camera angle, which I know takes some extra work to set up in advance. I also loved the time-lapse photography. The sound track was great, too. (Hoping you don't run afoul of the copyright police.)

Your speed and efficiency is really fun to watch. I do have a question for you. I've read that some folks worry about the strength of the Tulip Poplars. You seemed to trust that tree enough to get right out there on a lateral that looks like your own weight might break the limb clean off at the stem. So, I guess your experience led you to trust it? It looked really gutsy. Any comment you care to make would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tim

dttm

@TimBr thanks man. Yes, these are a brittle tree. I go places only if I am tied off. Between the limb and my tie off things are less likely to break. As far as the copy right po po goes. I am not making any money making videos. If I did they could have it. Cris' family for sure! Thanks for being a fan TimBr!

TimBr

@dttm; Dan, I think this video, "The Rest of a Tulip Poplar", is my favorite video of yours that I've ever seen so far. I loved the high camera angle, which I know takes some extra work to set up in advance. I also loved the time-lapse photography. The sound track was great, too. (Hoping you don't run afoul of the copyright police.)

Your speed and efficiency is really fun to watch. I do have a question for you. I've read that some folks worry about the strength of the Tulip Poplars. You seemed to trust that tree enough to get right out there on a lateral that looks like your own weight might break the limb clean off at the stem. So, I guess your experience led you to trust it? It looked really gutsy. Any comment you care to make would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tim
@TimBr thanks man. Yes, these are a brittle tree. I go places only if I am tied off. Between the limb and my tie off things are less likely to break. As far as the copy right po po goes. I am not making any money making videos. If I did they could have it. Cris' family for sure! Thanks for being a fan TimBr!
Ha! I can't believe I didn't notice the high canopy cinched tie-in point on that other leader when I first looked at this video. I must have been tired, or something. The worst that would have happened if the lateral you were working on had broken would've been a big swing maybe, possibly back to the stem. I guess I was watching your spur climbing technique a little too much. Thanks for your patience with me.

Tim