CTX100 and SC60TX first time riding together, very intimate indeed

evo

Watch those right hand turns. Congrats and nice trailer, I need to figure something different for my set up

erwin

front n back single straight tie down for the stumper. skid is only tied down at the rear, while heel plate of the grapple held the wall.

I'm very careful about intentional jackknifing. I'd only do it when I have a camera in the back of the truck like my 14' chip truck. unless it's an accident, I'd never even close to jacknifine a trailer.

Wes84

Have a wreck bad enough to throw those machines out of a trailer like that and tie downs aren't going to matter much IMO. Going a little slower than you normally would and driving defensively is the best safety measure. There's no reason to haul ass with weight like that behind you. It usually only saves you a few seconds from point A to point B anyhow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mitch Hoy

I have a similar setup right now (your machines are shinier ). I am going to buy another F550 with a 12’ dump bed, and a large flatbed to tow mats, and two machines. Many days we could fit wood into the truck and then dump on the way home (I live .5 miles from a brush dump). I’m going to keep my 14yd dump trailer around for larger jobs.

RBJtree

To be legal, each machine must be tied down separately, front and back, plus the grapple must be tied down separately. I am not sure what the cut off is, but at some point in weight a machine must have 4 separate chains and binders, one on each corner. My guys have been pulled over with a smaller grinder with only 1 strap and the machine butted up against the front of the trailer. The cop was nice enough to let him get a second strap on it and drive away, but it could have been fines.
You definitly don't want to go through a DOT check point like that. Around me those are numerous and not leaniant.

erwin

Just one improvement that I really need to do if I have time before the really really busy time is to weld a platform in the front of the dump trailer to carry a load of at least 30 pieces of 4x4 3/4’ plywood. Right now I have some 3x8 and I started to feel annoyed having to hand carry and lay them.
The idea is the trim all the plywood sheet to 48x47 so they’ll all fit nicely in my new BMG 1 yard 48” bucket with the grapple on top going to the job site. Once there, move the system to the yard, lay down all the plywood, use the bucket to collect n load all the small logs and then switch to grapple for big logs. Of course if I need the grapple to drag brushes from the backyard I’ll have to use that first.
I’m trying not to use the forks for that. I can carry the forks under the trailer.

evo

Just one improvement that I really need to do if I have time before the really really busy time is to weld a platform in the front of the dump trailer to carry a load of at least 30 pieces of 4x4 3/4’ plywood. Right now I have some 3x8 and I started to feel annoyed having to hand carry and lay them.
The idea is the trim all the plywood sheet to 48x47 so they’ll all fit nicely in my new BMG 1 yard 48” bucket with the grapple on top going to the job site. Once there, move the system to the yard, lay down all the plywood, use the bucket to collect n load all the small logs and then switch to grapple for big logs. Of course if I need the grapple to drag brushes from the backyard I’ll have to use that first.
I’m trying not to use the forks for that. I can carry the forks under the trailer.
Or consider a plywood rack which can mount into the BMG’s hitch receiver.
Off load the whole thing as a unit, lay the highway infront of the machine to the tree. Pull the pin and set the basket down to the side, and get to work.
Pack up is same as above in reverse order. No need to switch attachments

erwin

Good idea. will try that. The only concern is that way I might not be able to carry both machines on the same 12' dump since the plywood pile is 48". But, it might work since the front of the SC60TX can be rotated away to make room. will have to try to find out.

erwin

Evo, is that the way u carry ur plywood pile? If so, how much can u carry on the hitch and not break it?

evo

Evo, is that the way u carry ur plywood pile? If so, how much can u carry on the hitch and not break it?
No, I only carry a few sheets. But I’m gearing up and weld. This is my plan.
I’ve moved some decent weight off the hitch though I’m sure it’s good for a 500 or so

Wes84

I know this is of topic but I have a new CTX myself and after MUCH research I have figured out what might be a perfect front and rear LED lighting system. As you know Vermeer didn't leave much wiggle room to accessorize. I'll post here or send you pics when I get it all rigged up if you are interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk